Purple Tint/ Thermal Defect

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the tint issue, and it has been getting much worse as of late. I just returned from the Sprint store, and was offered an M8 as replacement, apparently stock on the M7 is low and they are offering the new version instead of giving out another M7 that would most likely suffer the same fate. I was concerned about evenly exchanging for another phone due to others having poor luck with outright replacements having same issue return in short order. If you are having the Purple tint issue, have a go at visiting the main store in your area and see how you come out. In my experience, avoiding the non-Sprint owned stores may be a good idea, as the resellers have fewer options for replacing/repairing phones.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, avoiding the non-Sprint owned stores may be a good idea, as the resellers have fewer options for replacing/repairing phones.
And the people working there may actually know something about cellphones, unlike most company owned stores.

808Mobi

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my M7 with the M8 because of this and am very happy with the M8. Not only is the camera better but the battery life is notably improved. I was so impressed with the improvement I bought one for my wife to replace her M7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the tint issue, and it has been getting much worse as of late. I just returned from the Sprint store, and was offered an M8 as replacement, apparently stock on the M7 is low and they are offering the new version instead of giving out another M7 that would most likely suffer the same fate. I was concerned about evenly exchanging for another phone due to others having poor luck with outright replacements having same issue return in short order. If you are having the Purple tint issue, have a go at visiting the main store in your area and see how you come out. In my experience, avoiding the non-Sprint owned stores may be a good idea, as the resellers have fewer options for replacing/repairing phones.

Was your One less than a year old? Between Sprint's live chat, calling the local store, and now their Twitter support account, I've been told 3 different things. When I went the route of mentioning the prevalence of this defect and citation of accounts where people walked into a Sprint store and swapped for a new phone, they told me, "Only if your phone is less than a year old. HTC allows us to exchange it for a refurbished unit only of the same model." :'(

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
sorry for the late response, but the M7 was 17 months old, my wifes was 19 months old. I did this by just walking in to the store and started asking questions, not expecting much as far as results. all they can do is say no if you go in and ask!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36