06-10-2015 11:20 AM
81 1234
tools
    I hate my phone now!!! The lock screen is bull **** now. I get my security pattern wrong all the time now. Notifications show up as a bar in the middle of the screen. Showing what the texts say even when phone is locked. WTF!!! The overall look of the notification bars is just very cheep (like someone screwed up some code). FM tuner is gone!!!!!!!! Why do you keep taking apps off? It's always telling me no data connection. Even though I see the 3 or 4g arrows working while I'm using data. One ringtone for all notifications??? WTF again. You guys totally made this phone suck.
    You can change your luck screen notification style by going to settings then sound and notifications. The bottom option allows you to hide the text of your notification while on the lock screen. You can change the notification sound for individual apps through the app setting just as you did before.

Updating to a newer operating system brings change. Sometimes the change is better for you sometimes not. You would best be served by waiting until the reviews are in before updating. You could read about the changes and decide for yourself is the new system will work for you before you get aggravated.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-18-2015 01:59 PM
    You have to activate WiFi calling first online then you have to approve each WiFi network for calling support.

See: FAQs about Sprint Wi-Fi calling
    Thanks for the reply but alas this feature is not supported by this model as per sprint customer service. The icon and app were added by mistake!!!

02-18-2015 02:10 PM
    Any idea on what happened to the quick settings screen? Before the update to Lollipop, swiping down from the top would show the quick settings for WiFi, Airplane Mode, etc. Now it only shows the Settings button. There doesn't seem to be a way to take a screenshot any more.

By accident, I found that the quick settings screen does come up, but only when the lock screen is displayed. It's pretty useless to be able to take a screenshot only of your lock screen. Is there a fix for this?
    Quick settings can be accessed two ways now. Swiping down twice or swiping down with two fingers as before.

balansboy likes this.
    02-18-2015 02:13 PM
    My battery life just went to hell in a handbag today....When I came down here this am (it was on charge all night) it showed 94% charge....I let it finish charging before I turned it on at 8am...It's now noon and the charge is down to 24% and it's only been on standby..HJ
    02-22-2015 11:12 AM
    I upgraded to lollipop on my m7 but I lost the HTC weather app does anyone have the apk? Also I can no longer access/open the HTC weather /clock lock screen widget. Does anyone have a resolution?
    02-23-2015 03:57 PM
    I upgraded to lollipop on my m7 but I lost the HTC weather app does anyone have the apk? Also I can no longer access/open the HTC weather /clock lock screen widget. Does anyone have a resolution?
    I'm pretty sure Lollipop did away with lockscreen widgets. Haven't upgraded yet, so can't be 100% sure. If so, what you are seeing isn't a widget, just a display on the lockscreen.

Love your username btw. xD
    02-24-2015 06:48 AM
    Is anyone else having Bluetooth issues? I can't get anything to connect without unpairing it, restarting my phone, then pairing it again.

My phone is also SUPER slow now. I deleted a bunch of apps, pictures, you name it, but it's still enragingly (I know this isn't a word) slow!
    02-24-2015 05:12 PM
    I have been having issues with the battery. The phone gets charged from 0% battery life to 100% The battery drops very quick until it dies with light use. I start the phone back up after it dies and it shows that it has 60% left and drops at normal rate. This has happen more that one time, I have to restart various time in order to show the real charge level. I have done a hard reset and not using intensive apps. Is anyone having these issues?
    d-pabs likes this.
    02-27-2015 01:05 PM
    My messages are also extremely laggy. It takes me up to a minute to load the texts from a contact, then another minute to display the latest text I just received from them. When I type another text after just sending one, the input freezes.

I hate everything about this update. I wish there were a way to revert back to KitKat. I've done two factory resets, but it keeps on updating to the latest O/S which is Lollipop. How do we let the makers of this update know of all these bugs?
    02-28-2015 03:53 PM
    The Lollipop update has been pulled. I held off on the update until last week, but when I tried to install the update, it failed. Now it is saying that no updates are available. Talked to HTC Chat Support and they verified that it has been pulled.

Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.2 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion-htc-convo.jpg
    03-04-2015 08:17 AM
    Texting (via O2 - UK) has now slowed to a crawl after the upgrade. Keyboard works fine with everything else!
    03-04-2015 10:48 AM
    Much appreciated effort and sharing Schiznatch. I updated on day 1 (no real problems for me, I actually am happy with it), but my wife didnt because she didnt have the hard drive space (takes pictures and videos of our kids like there is no tomorrow). Anyway, she cleaned up her storage space, restarted and now the update didnt appear. I was racking my brain as to why she couldnt update, thanks for the info.

I now am wondering why they pulled it and what changes they are looking to make and when they will occur.
    CAPT Steve likes this.
    03-04-2015 11:10 AM
    Much appreciated effort and sharing Schiznatch. I updated on day 1 (no real problems for me, I actually am happy with it), but my wife didnt because she didnt have the hard drive space (takes pictures and videos of our kids like there is no tomorrow). Anyway, she cleaned up her storage space, restarted and now the update didnt appear. I was racking my brain as to why she couldnt update, thanks for the info.

I now am wondering why they pulled it and what changes they are looking to make and when they will occur.
    Yea, I'm wondering that as well. I know the Sprint forums has a few posts about getting the Red Triangle of Death (or w/e you want to call it lol) after updating. Also, quite a few are having issues with bluetooth and sluggish text response. Maybe they had enough people going to the Sprint store with these issues that they just pulled the update until they are able to fix them.
    03-04-2015 12:03 PM
    I was having the sluggish text response before the update and attributed it to too many text mesages (but realistically, how much storage/memory space does "text" take up, I also realize there are picture messages in some texts though).

I do like the new way to clear all apps in recent memory feature (double tapping on the home button, then hitting the "x". I also have the Advanced task manager app that allows me to "Kill Apps" even though it doesnt truly completely shut them down while your phone is booted. I would guess it does something similar to the clear I previously mentioned. These along with a cache cleaner app.

I guess my wife snoozed and loozed!
    schiznatch likes this.
    03-04-2015 02:13 PM
    Is there a way to turn off this relay annoying notification? :/
    03-05-2015 05:30 AM
    The Power Saver notification: how do you turn this off now? There has to be a way to turn this constant annoying notification off without turning off the feature, right? Under KitKat you could long press on the notification and turn off the constant notification without deactivating the feature but now this method only gives options to turn the feature On with constant notification or feature Off.
    Is there a way to turn off this relay annoying notification? :/
    03-05-2015 05:31 AM
    Been having a variety of wifi issues on 2 different HTC one M7's since the update.
    03-05-2015 10:50 PM
    anyone ever get any word or response on this? I was going to listen to the radio today. ???
    03-11-2015 05:14 PM
    How do I stop these really annoying pop ups??!!!
    HTC one m7, the little android man waving his arms at me it's just the beginning for each advert?! Hating it and due an upgrade....tempted to leave android if this doesn't disappear lol

Attached Thumbnails Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.2 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion-4625.jpg  
    03-12-2015 02:11 PM
    Is that Lollipop? What is up with the washed out looking screen? It looks horrible.
    03-12-2015 04:18 PM
    And the pants unlock screen!!!

03-13-2015 05:08 AM
    What is that from? There are two notification areas, so it looks like a screenshot of a picture of an ad you found. Seems fake to me.
    03-13-2015 07:16 AM
    What is that from? There are two notification areas, so it looks like a screenshot of a picture of an ad you found. Seems fake to me.
    Yea, somethings not right. It also shows the back and home buttons on screen which is not on the M7
    03-13-2015 03:55 PM
    I have been having issues with the battery. The phone gets charged from 0% battery life to 100% The battery drops very quick until it dies with light use. I start the phone back up after it dies and it shows that it has 60% left and drops at normal rate. This has happen more that one time, I have to restart various time in order to show the real charge level. I have done a hard reset and not using intensive apps. Is anyone having these issues?
    Yes, I started having that exact same problem. Phone will charge over night and when I power on it's at maybe 20-30%. Or it'll read 100% and drain in less than an hour. I'll reboot the phone multiple times and get different battery levels each time, eventually getting to the correct level.

I also found issues with the typing in the main mail app: if I'm trying to end a sentence with anything other than a period, !/?(), etc the last letter of the word is replaced by the respective punctuation mark.

The automatic WiFi sign-in screen that pops up when connecting to a password protected WiFi at work shows up as blank, repeatedly, so I'm forced to use a web browser To log in.

Switching lines on the phone is very slow to respond and oftentimes I've hung up on the person because I'll push the answer call and then try to end the first call (because no response) and then it switches and hangs up.

I have numerous issues with various apps not working, but don't know if that's the app itself or due to the OS. Vast majority of my Google apps aren't working smoothly and often needs a restart, Google voice commands, speech-text, maps being very slow, Google now not updating as scheduled,...

I've read only unlocked M7s are getting the 5.1 update, however HTC cannot leave customers with a bug-filled OS. At least make sure it's bulletproof before discontinuing updates. I know if I'm stuck with a shotty OS then I won't be buying HTC again.
    03-22-2015 07:09 AM
    Yes, I started having that exact same problem. Phone will charge over night and when I power on it's at maybe 20-30%. Or it'll read 100% and drain in less than an hour. I'll reboot the phone multiple times and get different battery levels each time, eventually getting to the correct level.

I also found issues with the typing in the main mail app: if I'm trying to end a sentence with anything other than a period, !/?(), etc the last letter of the word is replaced by the respective punctuation mark.

The automatic WiFi sign-in screen that pops up when connecting to a password protected WiFi at work shows up as blank, repeatedly, so I'm forced to use a web browser To log in.

Switching lines on the phone is very slow to respond and oftentimes I've hung up on the person because I'll push the answer call and then try to end the first call (because no response) and then it switches and hangs up.

I have numerous issues with various apps not working, but don't know if that's the app itself or due to the OS. Vast majority of my Google apps aren't working smoothly and often needs a restart, Google voice commands, speech-text, maps being very slow, Google now not updating as scheduled,...

I've read only unlocked M7s are getting the 5.1 update, however HTC cannot leave customers with a bug-filled OS. At least make sure it's bulletproof before discontinuing updates. I know if I'm stuck with a shotty OS then I won't be buying HTC again.
    They are considering the issues and hopefully will release 5.1 as the last update to the M7. Or you could always change it to a GPE.

SlamTheDoor likes this.
    03-22-2015 12:51 PM
81 1234