Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.2 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.1 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

so sprint is getting it what about att... anyone heard anything.... lg g3

matt22088

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.1 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

So i attempted to update and it installed all the way and froze for awhile then the screen changed to a red triangle with a ! in the middle of it. I tried factory resetting and everything and it will not go to the home screen. It just keeps restarting and going back to the red triangle with !. Is there anyway to fix this? I took it to the sprint store but they didn't know why it happened and if the factory reset didn't work they are basically clueless

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

The Power Saver notification: how do you turn this off now? There has to be a way to turn this constant annoying notification off without turning off the feature, right? Under KitKat you could long press on the notification and turn off the constant notification without deactivating the feature but now this method only gives options to turn the feature On with constant notification or feature Off.

May 19, 2014
Visit site

I have not had any issues. The only complaint I had was the quick controls were removed from the stock browser. However, the update this morning rectified that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

so sprint is getting it what about att... anyone heard anything.... lg g3
Sprint's LG G3 is scheduled to receive the update as well on the 16th of February.
No word yet on AT&T.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
What's the deal with the wifi calling app they added. It doesn't do anything?

Posted via the Android Central App

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else get the qualcom izt location pop-up (i think that's what it's called) when restarting their phone? I always choose allow but whenever I reboot it's there asking me to allow again. I can't find it in the apps section to try clearing the cache to see if that helps.

Posted via Android Central App

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get the qualcom izt location pop-up (i think that's what it's called) when restarting their phone? I always choose allow but whenever I reboot it's there asking me to allow again. I can't find it in the apps section to try clearing the cache to see if that helps.

Posted via Android Central App
I've had to check it more than once since installing Lollipop. Wonder why it pops up?

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

So i attempted to update and it installed all the way and froze for awhile then the screen changed to a red triangle with a ! in the middle of it. I tried factory resetting and everything and it will not go to the home screen. It just keeps restarting and going back to the red triangle with !. Is there anyway to fix this? I took it to the sprint store but they didn't know why it happened and if the factory reset didn't work they are basically clueless

I had this same thing happen to me on Thursday night. I was so scared that my phone was permanently dead. I took it to one Sprint store that had a repair center. They were unable to do anything. They checked the system and found another store that had a few m7's that they could do an exchange for, but that store was closed at that time. I went in to that store yesterday as soon as they opened for the day. This store also had a repair center. He did something and was able to factory restore the phone. I lost everything, but most everything I had backed up. After get android working again I did the update again while in the store. Everything worked and I now have a working phone running lollipop. I would go back to the Sprint store (one with a repair center) and try again. PM me if you want phone number of the store that was able to get it working again.

Sent from my HTC One (M7) using Tapatalk

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately my Sprint HTC One M7 got the notice today of the update. I will not install Lollipop until it is stable and all of these problems are ironed out. I have a perfectly working Kit Kat and I will not jeopardize that. I guess this means I'll have to keep disabling the annoying update notification each morning. Very annoying. We should be able to just turn off the update notification permanently until we are ready to "upgrade."

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know what the wifi calling app that was added is for? Mine doesn't do anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having wifi issues? never had them before, now when phone boots i have to go into the wifi menu and select the network I want to use. also after times of inactivity i will have to perform the same task. Cleared cache and made sure no silly settings were causing the issue. Thoughts?

Daniel Krueger1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issue at work. Even after I sign into the Wi-Fi (by entering the password), this screen keeps reappearing. Although it appears I am connected to the Wi-Fi network, I cannot sync my phone via Wi-Fi--I have to turn-off the Wi-Fi and sync my phone using 3G or 4G.

Any one else having this issue? Any suggestions?

Texano78704

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Any idea on what happened to the quick settings screen? Before the update to Lollipop, swiping down from the top would show the quick settings for WiFi, Airplane Mode, etc. Now it only shows the Settings button. There doesn't seem to be a way to take a screenshot any more.

By accident, I found that the quick settings screen does come up, but only when the lock screen is displayed. It's pretty useless to be able to take a screenshot only of your lock screen. Is there a fix for this?

schiznatch

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Any idea on what happened to the quick settings screen? Before the update to Lollipop, swiping down from the top would show the quick settings for WiFi, Airplane Mode, etc. Now it only shows the Settings button. There doesn't seem to be a way to take a screenshot any more.

By accident, I found that the quick settings screen does come up, but only when the lock screen is displayed. It's pretty useless to be able to take a screenshot only of your lock screen. Is there a fix for this?

I haven't updated yet, so maybe they changed it, but can't you take a screenshot by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down for a second?

Also, I read that you can get to Quick Settings by swiping down, then swiping down again.