HTC Messaging Software Update this Morning

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get a software update this morning called "Messages Application Update" listed as 5.64 MB? This was not through the Play Store, but an HTC software update outside of Google Play. Text on the update listed something about users creating large messages were seeing crashes (this is not verbatim, I should written it down before I clicked "Update")?

Curious to see what improvements I notice.

WoodyR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I got the notice as well on my M7. I'm a little hesitant to update because (a) it's not using the play store and (b) the English grammar is a bit off...

Think it's safe?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 31868.jpg
    31868.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 21

hipknitter

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to Sprint this morning (can't remember the name, of course) and he wasn't familiar with the wording or the version number on this update. He did say that Sprint should be pushing an update out that fixes WIFI calling, but agreed that the "awkward" wording doesn't seem correct for updating the WIFI calling.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I got it, too. I blindly installed it and haven't had any problems. I don't use the stock messaging app, so not sure what difference it made to it, but in general, nothing has change in my phones performance.

WoodyR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My guess is HTC pushed it directly, and the grammar/wording is a result of someone being a non-native English speaker. I still haven't installed it yet and am not in a hurry to do so.

Posted via the Android Central App

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to my wife and she was having a problem with the messenger app force closing after a high percentage of her texts. Said the problem went away after the update.

Posted via Android Central App

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Someone posted in the Sprint community forums a screenshot of his online conversation with HTC customer service. The update is legit and was sent directly from HTC to fix lag issues some people were experiencing with the messaging app since the Lollipop update

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC