Help for Android / HTC newbie - M9 vs E8 (Sprint)

BUB55

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So as the topic suggests I'm moving on from my Blackberry (insert joke about being stuck in the past) and finally coming through to android.

I was pretty dead set on the M9, until I started reading the SPRINT reviews. While the phone has high critical acclaim, it is torn apart by sprint reviews saying it has very poor battery life (super important to me), drops calls, ect.

The E8, on the other hand, has much higher reviews and seemingly more battery life?
What do you guys reccomend? What has your experiences been with the M9 vs E8?

Things like slight camera improvement don't matter to me. More just the function and daily life of the phone.

Thank you! :)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey :) I would suggest the M9 as it's the newer of the two devices. There are a lot of different things to consider:

M9 is aluminium
E8 is plastic

M9 is Sense 7
E8 is Sense 6

M9 has the Snapdragon 810
E8 has the Snapdragon 801

If you are looking for the newest and best of HTC I would get the M9, if you are happy with last years model then the E8 is a good option, plus it's cheaper.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
This is the M7 forum. You might have better luck in the M8 and M9 forum. I haven't had experience with either. Contract is up in a couple months so I am starting research as well.