Sprint's LG G2: Release Friday, November 8th.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint's G2 pre-registration Oct 11th. Release Oct 25th?

Very true. Thanks.
Just noting the latest rumor.
Hope the release is in that general calendar area. Starting to get restless.

Mav. :cool:

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't care when the phone is available as much as I care when LTE will be available in my area. I don't think I could subsist on 3G. And my local Sprint stores continual, "by the end of the month, by the end of the month", just doesn't cut it anymore. They've been saying that for almost six months.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I don't care when the phone is available as much as I care when LTE will be available in my area. I don't think I could subsist on 3G. And my local Sprint stores continual, "by the end of the month, by the end of the month", just doesn't cut it anymore. They've been saying that for almost six months.

Where are you?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

OK. I have made my decision.
My upgrade is officially on Dec 1st this year.
Once the G2 is released, I will "One Up" and get it in November.
The only reason to wait is to be able to keep my Galaxy Nexus, but I will not get much for it on the Free Market so it is not worth it.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I have heard a couple of more rumors, here say and he said/she said that Sprint's G2 will be out "the last week of October" which still makes sense with the pre-registration being on the 11th.
Hope it is true.

Sent from Torchwood.

weber022676

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I hope so. This stinks having to wait and watch everyone else with their phone. I can't believe they haven't officially stated the release date. Especially since a CDMA version is out.

Posted via Android Central App

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

What kind of thing would hold it up? LG submitting to Verizon and AT&T saying 'we need to release it first'?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

o0adam0o

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

What kind of thing would hold it up? LG submitting to Verizon and AT&T saying 'we need to release it first'?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Honestly I think Sprint did it for the iPhone 5s/c release. They didn't want the G2 to affect it's sales. Maybe Apple "encouraged" this somehow... I don't know.

It's just so weird and makes me mad. If I didn't have Sprint SERO, i would if dumped them.

The other possibility is Sprint has seriously modified or locked down the phone. I hope this isn't the case. I know Verizon did just that and was one of the first ones out.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Being the first Tri-Band phone that Sprint is releasing, the pervading theory is that they want as much time as possible to get the LTE 2600 deployment up and running for as many people to have access to that band. I am also assuming that there is alot of testing going on to make sure the G2 works with all the bands.
Just my $.02

o0adam0o

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

Being the first Tri-Band phone that Sprint is releasing, the pervading theory is that they want as much time as possible to get the LTE 2600 deployment up and running for as many people to have access to that band. I am also assuming that there is alot of testing going on to make sure the G2 works with all the bands.
Just my $.02

That's is what's I'm hoping is going on. But then I'm reminded of when "4G" and LTE phones first came out.

Either way.... 9 MORE DAYS!

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Hope they announce a release date soon after pre-registration.

Sent from Torchwood

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Just announce the release date already Sprint....you're killing me. I've had it with my crap batter on Galaxy S2. Can't even play candy crush without battery dying in 30 mins. lol

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully it will be announced this Friday as that is when the pre-order opens.

Latest rumor is now Nov 8th, but I am going to wait for something more concrete.
The previous version (Optimus G) was released on Nov 11th last year so it is not unprecedented.
Stay tuned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey