Sprint LG G2 been active for 10 Days now... a little feedback

bhake76

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback on your experiences. Not sure if you can you verify this... trying to confirm if the Sprint version does not come with wifi "AC" band? Maybe it's marked on the box or in the wifi settings>advanced? Just noticed LG's G2 product site says Sprint version wifi has a/b/g/n, where the AT&T version has wifi a/b/g/n/ac. Just curious, since I happen to have an ac wifi router.

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi, are you in a Area that utilizes spark? I'm thinking of getting one to replace my 5.

I ordered the G2 specifically to replace the iPhone 5 and its poor battery life and its limited only 1900mhz LTE support. Spark is available in NYC 5 minutes away from home.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the G2 specifically to replace the iPhone 5 and its poor battery life and its limited only 1900mhz LTE support. Spark is available in NYC 5 minutes away from home.

Oh wow so the iPhone doesn't use 800mhz?

Interesting, I wonder why my lte is so poor on sprint.

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
> does the battery drain quickly? and overheats? and when it does overheat does the fone tends to warm?

> you mentioned you previously had htc one, compared to both phones what are the pros and cons of each. based on your phone experience using both mobiles

i cant decide if i should get an htc one max, lg g2 or samsung galaxy note 3. hope you can help me here. thanks!

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow so the iPhone doesn't use 800mhz?

Interesting, I wonder why my lte is so poor on sprint.

The iPhone 5s and 5c both have support for the 800 Mhz bands on Sprint, the original iPhone 5 doesn't.

Very disappointed regarding the lack of data & voice at the same time. I've been keeping an eye on the G2 and Nexus 5. It sounds as if both of these devices have that issue. I hope it isn't a side effect of getting Spark to work.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I am assuming that no simultaneous voice and data is a 3g limitation only? If LTE as well, than yes that very well could be a deal breaker.

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 5s and 5c both have support for the 800 Mhz bands on Sprint, the original iPhone 5 doesn't.

Very disappointed regarding the lack of data & voice at the same time. I've been keeping an eye on the G2 and Nexus 5. It sounds as if both of these devices have that issue. I hope it isn't a side effect of getting Spark to work.

For the time being any Spark compatible devices will not have the ability to do SVDO or SVLTE its a hardware limitation... Maybe the next generation of TriBands?

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
> does the battery drain quickly? and overheats? and when it does overheat does the fone tends to warm?

> you mentioned you previously had htc one, compared to both phones what are the pros and cons of each. based on your phone experience using both mobiles

i cant decide if i should get an htc one max, lg g2 or samsung galaxy note 3. hope you can help me here. thanks!

The Note 3 isn't triband for me the LG G2 is the only option but the HTC One Max is also TriBand if you're into that.

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 isn't triband for me the LG G2 is the only option but the HTC One Max is also TriBand if you're into that.

how is the lg g2? is it a good fone? im still choosing which fone, obviously samsung is now out of my list since it overheats.. thou the specs are really good i dont like plastic. BUT LG G2 sounds promising, what makes it so special, does the fone lags and overheats too? how many hours for the battery test, in maximum usage?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
So how much of a difference will the 800mhz band make compared to only the 1900mhz band sprint currently has for the iPhone 5?

I'm other words will a dual band deliver dats faster than a single band 1900mhz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So how much of a difference will the 800mhz band make compared to only the 1900mhz band sprint currently has for the iPhone 5?

I'm other words will a dual band deliver dats faster than a single band 1900mhz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

800MHz offers better building penetration.

Jawbox

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have Wallet installed, but have not been able to get it to work to pay anything. Probably just me, but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Nothing, the Sprint LG G2 doesn't have Tap to Pay enabled at least in the shipping hardware. Go to Settings->About, it shows tap and pay is not available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad