Problem. Only a few seconds of LTE. Please Help

Joseph M

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
So i got my G2 yesterday in a corporate store and i am truly in love with it. coming from and Evo 3D. It was a HUGE upgrade. My problem is the freaking LTE connectivity. The phone only gets a few seconds of LTE and then it just switches back to 3G and stays there. I have literally tried EVERYTHING. updated profile, PRL, set it from global to LTE/CDMA, turn off Connection Optimizer, restarted it. Literally everything and nothing. Every time i do something, LTE turns on and a few moments later 3G. I live in NYC where their LTE towers are ON so i am VERY mad at this. You would think that their first SPARK device would at least receive the original 1900 MHz 4G LTE signal until the "Spark" update. SMH!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So i got my G2 yesterday in a corporate store and i am truly in love with it. coming from and Evo 3D. It was a HUGE upgrade. My problem is the freaking LTE connectivity. The phone only gets a few seconds of LTE and then it just switches back to 3G and stays there. I have literally tried EVERYTHING. updated profile, PRL, set it from global to LTE/CDMA, turn off Connection Optimizer, restarted it. Literally everything and nothing. Every time i do something, LTE turns on and a few moments later 3G. I live in NYC where their LTE towers are ON so i am VERY mad at this. You would think that their first SPARK device would at least receive the original 1900 MHz 4G LTE signal until the "Spark" update. SMH!
How strong is the LTE? If it's weak I wouldn't expect it to hold onto it as it wastes more battery than only using 3G.

Joseph M

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't contacted the store yet since they are usually no help. Only thing they could help on is if its a hardware problem, which i doubt. The signal is pretty strong. I have done test.
I turn Airplane mode ON and OFF to make the phone find the LTE signal. Once i get it, i immediately run a speed test. I get 50-70 pin, 15-25 Down and 4-7 UP. Sometimes the speedtest cant even finish because it switches right back to 3G.

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm having the same problem. My S3 was able to hold onto an LTE signal pretty well, but the G2 can't for some reason. I've also tried everything you've tried, and am getting the same result: LTE for a few seconds, then back to 3G

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't contacted the store yet since they are usually no help. Only thing they could help on is if its a hardware problem, which i doubt. The signal is pretty strong. I have done test.
I turn Airplane mode ON and OFF to make the phone find the LTE signal. Once i get it, i immediately run a speed test. I get 50-70 pin, 15-25 Down and 4-7 UP. Sometimes the speedtest cant even finish because it switches right back to 3G.
This does sound like a hardware problem. If it"s good signal strength it shouldn't be losing it :(

Joseph M

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, if it would had been any other LTE phone thats out. I would had immediately thought it was the Hardware, but this is a new phone that came out and the first Tri band phone. So my first thoughts was that something might be conflicting with the 3 LTE frequencies, even though sprint hasn't sent an update for them. But you never know, it could had been a bad batch of phones.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, if it would had been any other LTE phone thats out. I would had immediately thought it was the Hardware, but this is a new phone that came out and the first Tri band phone. So my first thoughts was that something might be conflicting with the 3 LTE frequencies, even though sprint hasn't sent an update for them. But you never know, it could had been a bad batch of phones.

Its not a bad batch of phones, look through all the forums for sprint. Unfortunately it seems to be a widespread issue at moment. I actually have had mine for two weeks same thing. CSR are useless

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Its not a bad batch of phones, look through all the forums for sprint. Unfortunately it seems to be a widespread issue at moment. I actually have had mine for two weeks same thing. CSR are useless
Wow :(
Sprint fails to deliver again

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess well just have todam update -___-
I also have static during a call, weird thing is if I roam, call is normal, when not roaming, static and popping. Went to corporate store and they had no idea what to do. I did not get phone from sprint or bb I actually picked it up in new Hampshire pre release and live in NY. As far as the static, I also read that is common on Verizon, haven't seen it with sprint, except mine at this point. Hopefully they update soon.

KingT33

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Make sure that under Mobile Networks your network mode is on LTE/CDMA and connections optimizer is unchecked. It fixed the problem i was having.

Last edited:

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the problem but disabled the optimizer, switched from Global to CDMA / LTE and updated the profile and now it seems to work like a charm

headbuzz

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have global enabled..no issues with LTE so far. Even the switch from 3g to LTE is almost immediate.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine will not connect to LTE at all while on global. When I switch to CDMA/LTE, it will connect only for a few seconds and then drop out. I have to force it to connect again but will still drop out after a few seconds.

Posted via Android Central App

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site
you are probably in an area where the towers are compatible with the device. I suspect if you took your phone to the same location moonverparma00 is you would have the same issue as he is having

I have global enabled..no issues with LTE so far. Even the switch from 3g to LTE is almost immediate.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995