Problems with messaging coming from iphone

Pun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My wife just got a G2 coming from an iphone, now all her friends with iphones can't send her messages. We looked into it and found there is a bug with imessage on the iphone, we did what was suggested and it worked but now she is having trouble recieving messages from iphones again...does anybody have any suggestions? I find it hard to believe that a deactivated iphone can control how your android gets texts, just another reason to despise apple i guess

Jawbox

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I had to actually reactivate my old iPhone to solve this.
1) Activate old iPhone
2) Turn on iMessage and wait for it to activate on your cell #
3) Log into iMessage with itunes account
4) Remove all email addresses and phone numbers for iMessage there
5) Log out of iTunes account in iMessage
5) Disable iMessage on the iPhone

At this point, have someone with an iPhone check iMessage to see that it tries to send out over SMS

johnner1999

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
correct since the "issue" isn't that her old phone is controlling anything. Rather her friends phone's think she has a current iphone and tries to iMessage vs sms.

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site
sorry this is a little off topic, but how does your wife like the G2 compared to the iphone?

My wife just got a G2 coming from an iphone, now all her friends with iphones can't send her messages. We looked into it and found there is a bug with imessage on the iphone, we did what was suggested and it worked but now she is having trouble recieving messages from iphones again...does anybody have any suggestions? I find it hard to believe that a deactivated iphone can control how your android gets texts, just another reason to despise apple i guess

Pun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help, basically sprint told her she has to wait for her iphone to fall off of apple's server, zero help at the Sprint store. As for how she likes the G2...she seems to love it, she had an Evo4G before she went the iphone route, which I assume she just fell into the iphone craze cuz she loved the Evo. So far no complaints from her...her intention was to upgrade to another iphone, but she liked the G2 when i told her to just check it out

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help, basically sprint told her she has to wait for her iphone to fall off of apple's server, zero help at the Sprint store. As for how she likes the G2...she seems to love it, she had an Evo4G before she went the iphone route, which I assume she just fell into the iphone craze cuz she loved the Evo. So far no complaints from her...her intention was to upgrade to another iphone, but she liked the G2 when i told her to just check it out

The iPhone should be able to detect if it's sending a message to another iPhone or not. If it's not an iPhone, it will send a regular text message. I get texts from an iPhone all the time without any problems.

Posted via Android Central App

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like her friends are using the same thread to text her that they were using while she had the iPhone, which goes to her registered email address in imessage. They need to start a new thread and delete any they were previously using to text her, then imessage will send it as sms rather then imessage. However, trying to explain that to an iPhone user might be an interesting conversation lol

Posted with LG G2 via Android Central App