Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what is up with Sprint but I think (could be wrong) that AT&T and/or Verizon support Isis which I believe is their competing system. I don't know if it's for security but I'm sure it's because they can make more money off it.

As far as I know the only phone which truly can implement Google tap and pay is the Nexus 5 because the carriers cannot pollute it with their bloat and changes to the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

With all due respect, if you look at the list of devices that handle Tap and Pay, there are plenty of devices out there besides the Google's Nexus that function with Tap and Pay. Unless the list Google produces is bogus, smoke and mirror coming from Google?

https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en

TahoeRunner

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Not smoke and mirrors, it's just that most carrier phones will only use Isis tap and pay and not Google Wallet.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Sprint isn't alone in that regard, you'll find the same levels of relative knowledge at any other carrier. :)

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Not smoke and mirrors, it's just that most carrier phones will only use Isis tap and pay and not Google Wallet.

Is there any such type of list produced for ISIS, that shows merchant locations? Where your can use "their" tap and pay system?

Are you saying the G2 can use ISIS?

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

It sounds like you are speculating on this issue? Can you qualify why most carriers will only use ISIS and not Google Wallet's Tap and Pay?

You are suggesting Google provides the operating system to "all android devices", but then the carriers are proactively and in collaboration with each other, blocking the implementation of Google's Tap and Pay, for a system even less known, less used, and less supported than Google's Tap and Pay? really?

I guess anything is possible.

And that's why I asked the previous list of questions several posts ago in this string. Nobody can give definitive answers to who, what, why, and when?

TahoeRunner

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
In post #20 I posted a link about Isis. The 3 other carriers besides Sprint use Isis.

Sorry I don't know all the answers.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
More Isis

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390005579934.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390005579934.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390005591521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390005591521.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 13

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Very good mrsmumbles,

Thanks for the info, and I'll check it all out. ;)

Still looking for the truth and answers....

It doesn't make sense for Google to provide Sprint with an operating system, that will not work "today" on the G2, and for Sprint to tell potential new customers that Google's Tap and Pay will work on the G2

Sprint should be ashamed of themselves.

TahoeRunner

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there any such type of list produced for ISIS, that shows merchant locations? Where your can use "their" tap and pay system?

ISIS locations are only in Austin and somewhere out in CA I believe. Sprint and Google have a good working relationship therefore they are the "trst" carrier for GW

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
ISIS locations are only in Austin and somewhere out in CA I believe. Sprint and Google have a good working relationship therefore they are the "trst" carrier for GW

If this is accurate, it supports what I posted previously, that is "why would carriers dump Google's Tap and Pay for a lessor known, less used, less supported, and less ubiquitous system of Tap and Pay such as ISIS" ?

Something is not adding up here !

TahoeRunner

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If this is accurate, it supports what I posted previously, that is "why would carriers dump Google's Tap and Pay for a lessor known, less used, less supported, and less ubiquitous system of Tap and Pay such as ISIS" ?

Something is not adding up here !

TahoeRunner

Actually, Isis has been nationwide since Oct-Nov 2013. It works just like Wallet and works anywhere that has the Tap-to-pay symbol on their card reader terminal. I've even seen some people say Isis works in some places where Wallet won't.

That being said, all phones that are updated to 4.4 should be able to use Wallet Tap-to-pay. This is because it uses a cloud security protocol called Host Card Emulation (HCE). If LG didn't put a secure element in the G2 its probably because they knew it would be unnecessary starting with 4.4.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Actually, Isis has been nationwide since Oct-Nov 2013. It works just like Wallet and works anywhere that has the Tap-to-pay symbol on their card reader terminal. I've even seen some people say Isis works in some places where Wallet won't.

That being said, all phones that are updated to 4.4 should be able to use Wallet Tap-to-pay. This is because it uses a cloud security protocol called Host Card Emulation (HCE). If LG didn't put a secure element in the G2 its probably because they knew it would be unnecessary starting with 4.4.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks mrmoe110,

However two problems with all that:

1- Sprint is selling the G2 to people and telling them "all android phones they sell can use Wallet's Tap and Pay". Obviosly that is not the case with the LG G2 on Sprint.

2- Nobody at Sprint is able to tell new buyers of the G2 when 4.4 is going to be delivered to the paying customers they misrepresented.

The problem with ISIS appears to be, as "bigtank" posted three back, is that ISIS is even less available on the open market than Wallet's Tap and Pay. So that is a pretty much useless service. Where's a link that can show customers all the great locations they can use ISIS ???

TahoeRunner

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks mrmoe110,

However two problems with all that:

1- Sprint is selling the G2 to people and telling them "all android phones they sell can use Wallet's Tap and Pay". Obviosly that is not the case with the LG G2 on Sprint.

2- Nobody at Sprint is able to tell new buyers of the G2 when 4.4 is going to be delivered to the paying customers they misrepresented.

The problem with ISIS appears to be, as "bigtank" posted three back, is that ISIS is even less available on the open market than Wallet's Tap and Pay. So that is a pretty much useless service. Where's a link that can show customers all the great locations they can use ISIS ???

TahoeRunner

In general I've found that a lot of the CS people aren't really familiar with the whole tap to pay, Isis, Google Wallet stuff. And like I said, Isis isn't less available than Wallet. There's no need to look up locations where you can use it. Anywhere you see this symbol paypass_logo.gif it'll work.

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
In general I've found that a lot of the CS people aren't really familiar with the whole tap to pay, Isis, Google Wallet stuff. And like I said, Isis isn't less available than Wallet. There's no need to look up locations where you can use it. Anywhere you see this symbol View attachment 101410 it'll work.

Okay mrmoe110:

So I'm straight on this, I am going to take your word and go to any of the locations "Google" lists at their support site as NFC merchants, and that show the symbol you are telling me, and attempt to make a purchase. Hope it works as you state it will. (may be a day or so)

If ISIS is out there and functioning, (with Sprint's G2) they really need to have a site setup like Google that can tell a person on-the-move, and at a moments notice, where functioning NFC merchants are located. Otherwise whats the point.

I travel a lot in between the West and East coasts on business. One of the reasons I bought the G2 as being a customer of Sprint now for over 12 years, is that they told me it would work with Google's Tap and Pay. It really pisses me off when people make representations that are not accurate, especially when it involves making purchases such as with the G2 and using Tap and Pay.

There are obvious good reasons Tap and Pay benefits business owners that are on the go.

Lets see if you are accurate with what you are reporting, and I will post back on this re: ISIS.

Obviously, and contrary to what Sprint tells their customers, Google's Tap and Pay does not work with the G2.

TahoeRunner

Last edited:

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

In theory, yes. Any phone with NFC and an NFC-sim card (I know Verizon hands them out for free) should be able to. The only thing that may be stopping it is Sprint blocking the app because of their partnership with Google Wallet. But even then, if you have a phone with NFC and the right sim you would just need to sideload the app to use it. And again, any place with the tap-to-pay symbol will accept Isis payments. Even if there's no "Isis accepted here" label. No need for a list.

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
In theory, yes. Any phone with NFC and an NFC-sim card (I know Verizon hands them out for free) should be able to. The only thing that may be stopping it is Sprint blocking the app because of their partnership with Google Wallet. But even then, if you have a phone with NFC and the right sim you would just need to sideload the app to use it. And again, any place with the tap-to-pay symbol will accept Isis payments. Even if there's no "Isis accepted here" label. No need for a list.

Mrmoe110,

Are you on the correct forum?

This is the "Sprint LG G2 forum.

Why are you talking about "sims" when every user of a G2 knows that sims don't exist nor are a function with the G2. (except on the Asian market devices)

And if you'vd missed it, again, the G2 on Sprint does not function with Tap and Pay. Period !

All your previous posts were irrelevant and a big waste of time. You've failed at providing anything relevant to people who Sprint told the G2 will currently work with Tap and Pay. And now you are back peddling.

I suspect you are one of the Sprint. CS personnel you previously dis'd.

Nice attempt of you trying to cover for Sprint's lack of tech knowledge when selling people on a system that does not work, today !

TahoeRunner

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
@tahoerunner Everyone on the forum is here voluntarily. No one is obliged to give you correct information, or any information at all. You might want to adjust your tone because no one here is your slave.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
@tahoerunner Everyone on the forum is here voluntarily. No one is obliged to give you correct information, or any information at all. You might want to adjust your tone because no one here is your slave.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles,

You freely entered a string and attempted to provide some information that turned out to be irrelevant to this G2 string of posts.

If you had taken some time to read the string, you would have come prepared. But you chose not to, and instead started discussing info that was irrelevant to the post

Yep, true to speed for a sprint CS person. (sadly, after twelve years as a sprint customer, I have yet to experience quality CS, as you and your associate just re-demonstrated)

After you've provided someone with irrelevant and/or wrong information, how do you think they are going to respond to you?

What is it with Sprint personnel that compels them to "not" provide accurate information? (As they did when they told me pre purchase of my G2 that it would function with Tap and Pay)

Out here in the "paying customer world" you're going to succeed or fail based on the information you provide the paying customer.

Dont you want to provide info that is relevant to the post?

TahoeRunner

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I did provide info relevant to the thread. You choose to rely on forum discussions rather than do simple Google searches to find the information you seek, and be rude to participants in the process, you deserve all the "misinformation" you get.

I am not, nor have I ever been, in the employ of Sprint or any other carrier or tech company. I read the thread through before participating, which is frankly more than it ultimately deserved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss