11-18-2016 05:52 PM
60 123
tools
    I just started having Caller ID issues today. Outgoing calls and incoming/outgoing text messages aren't a problem, but ALL of my incoming calls show up as "Unknown." Any ideas? This just started "out of the blue."
    11-18-2013 09:14 PM
    I just started having Caller ID issues today. Outgoing calls and incoming/outgoing text messages aren't a problem, but ALL of my incoming calls show up as "Unknown." Any ideas? This just started "out of the blue."
    This is happening to me on my Nexus 5. It is intermittent though, sometimes the caller ID works.
    11-22-2013 11:56 AM
    This is happening to me on my Nexus 5. It is intermittent though, sometimes the caller ID works.
    I think it's a network issue, mine is working about five miles up the road from me, which leads me to believe it's not a phone issue. At this point, I'd be willing to bet it's an issue with the tri-band phones.
    11-22-2013 01:23 PM
    It looks to be a Google sync issue.
    I checked "Accounts & sync" and my Contacts have not synced since 11/08/13 at 3:53pm. My Caller ID seems to be working though.
    It says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."
    Weird.

Mav.
    11-22-2013 02:36 PM
    I checked "Accounts & sync" and my Contacts have not synced since 11/08/13 at 3:53pm. My Caller ID seems to be working though.
    Weird.

Mav.
    How do I tell the last time my contacts synced? My phone is set to "auto sync."
    11-22-2013 04:16 PM
    How do I tell the last time my contacts synced? My phone is set to "auto sync."
    Hit "Google" then your e-mail address and you should see something like this:

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.
    11-22-2013 08:34 PM
    Hit "Google" then your e-mail address and you should see something like this:
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/23/hujuvu9y.jpg
    Mav.

Thanks! Looks like everything is syncing up here...
    11-23-2013 01:34 AM
    Weird.

Mav.
    You can probably fix the sync error by clearing data within the app info. Basically refresh the system. Had to do that when I had a similar problem on my nexus s.

Of course my phone hadn't synced for months by that point.

I'm not sure what to say about the caller ID issues. I've had issues with this phone only showing the number and not the contact's name. Never got an unknown though. Granted this is a different phone.

Posted From My Sprint Nexus S
    11-23-2013 05:04 AM
    You can probably fix the sync error by clearing data within the app info. Basically refresh the system. Had to do that when I had a similar problem on my nexus s.

Of course my phone hadn't synced for months by that point.

I'm not sure what to say about the caller ID issues. I've had issues with this phone only showing the number and not the contact's name. Never got an unknown though. Granted this is a different phone.

How do I do this? I skimmed through the apps and couldn't find a place to do this. I'm game to any suggestions!
    11-23-2013 05:37 AM
    How do I do this? I skimmed through the apps and couldn't find a place to do this. I'm game to any suggestions!
    Look for 'contacts storage' in your app list, at least that's what it is in mine. Then you open it and clear data. If you added any contacts since the sync error occurred, you may want to jot them down in case they're lost (I didn't have that problem however, they all stayed). Always better safe than sorry though haha.

VW Maverick likes this.
    11-23-2013 05:24 PM
    Worked for me. Thanks.
    Mav.

BecomingDeath13 likes this.
    11-23-2013 08:18 PM
    Look for 'contacts storage' in your app list, at least that's what it is in mine. Then you open it and clear data. If you added any contacts since the sync error occurred, you may want to jot them down in case they're lost (I didn't have that problem however, they all stayed). Always better safe than sorry though haha.

I lost all my contacts, but I have a backup list. I'm disappointed to report it didn't fix my issue.
    11-23-2013 11:01 PM
    Worked for me. Thanks.
    Mav.

No problem Mav. Glad it worked for you.
    I lost all my contacts, but I have a backup list. I'm disappointed to report it didn't fix my issue.
    I'm sorry you didn't quite end up as lucky :-(. I wasn't quite sure it would help out your issue though. Thankfully you had the backup though lol. Here's hoping some resolution surfaces quickly!

11-23-2013 11:12 PM
    No problem Mav. Glad it worked for you.

I'm sorry you didn't quite end up as lucky :-(. I wasn't quite sure it would help out your issue though. Thankfully you had the backup though lol. Here's hoping some resolution surfaces quickly!

Well, it was worth a shot.
    BecomingDeath13 likes this.
    11-24-2013 05:29 AM
    Well, it was worth a shot.
    I discovered there's a "privacy keeper" feature on the G2.

http://m.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS980-g2

Click the specs tab and expand all specs. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Right there near the bottom it lists the feature.

Seems you may have enabled that accidentally, and that may be why incoming calls show as unknown. You can swype to reveal the info, but I'm not sure how you'd disable it since I don't have the device yet.
    Hope that will help you fix the issue. Let me know if it did. :-)

Posted From My Sprint Nexus S 4G
    11-24-2013 09:01 PM
    I discovered there's a "privacy keeper" feature on the G2.

LG G2 Sprint: Smartphone with 5.2 inch Full HD Display | LG USA

Click the specs tab and expand all specs. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Right there near the bottom it lists the feature.

Seems you may have enabled that accidentally, and that may be why incoming calls show as unknown. You can swype to reveal the info, but I'm not sure how you'd disable it since I don't have the device yet.
    Hope that will help you fix the issue. Let me know if it did. :-)

Nope, it was disabled. Oddly enough, if the contact leaves a message, there's a name...
    11-25-2013 02:49 AM
    Well damn :-(

11-25-2013 01:49 PM
    Well damn :-(

Yeah, tell me about it! I thought for sure that may have been the problem!
    11-25-2013 01:54 PM
    I don't know what else to tell you then. Pretty much exhausted my knowledge on the matter lol.

The only other thing I could think of is to try a reboot if you haven't already, or a factory reset. The latter of course being a huge pain. Not to mention there's still no guarantee it would fix the problem.

11-25-2013 03:18 PM
    I don't know what else to tell you then. Pretty much exhausted my knowledge on the matter lol.

The only other thing I could think of is to try a reboot if you haven't already, or a factory reset. The latter of course being a huge pain. Not to mention there's still no guarantee it would fix the problem.

Yep, tried that, too. I really think it's just a problem going on in the area.
    11-25-2013 03:23 PM
    Damn, sorry I couldn't be more help lol.

11-25-2013 07:47 PM
    Damn, sorry I couldn't be more help lol.

It's all good!
    11-25-2013 09:06 PM
    Hello, were you ever able to get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issues with my new LG G2. Depending on which cell tower my phone hits, I'll either get UNKNOWN on my Caller ID (even if it's a person from my contact list) or it will actually work like it should. I called Sprint and they opened a ticket up, but I'm not very confident it will be resolved. My exchange period runs out in a couple of days and like you I don't want to be stuck with a phone where the Caller ID doesn't work most of the time (particularly now that I can get a Galaxy S4 for free). I assume it's a carrier issue, but I haven't seen anywhere on the internet where anyone has given a resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    11-28-2013 11:35 PM
    Hello, were you ever able to get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issues with my new LG G2. Depending on which cell tower my phone hits, I'll either get UNKNOWN on my Caller ID (even if it's a person from my contact list) or it will actually work like it should. I called Sprint and they opened a ticket up, but I'm not very confident it will be resolved. My exchange period runs out in a couple of days and like you I don't want to be stuck with a phone where the Caller ID doesn't work most of the time (particularly now that I can get a Galaxy S4 for free). I assume it's a carrier issue, but I haven't seen anywhere on the internet where anyone has given a resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi. No, this issue has not been resolved for me, and it's unlikely it will be. If I'm in a heavily populated area, all is well, otherwise, I get the "UNKNOWN" rearing its ugly head.

I decided to suck it up and keep the phone; no regrets. IMO, this phone is better than an S4. My wife has one, and while it is a great phone, the G2 is just more interesting in terms of personalization and customization of certain features. In comparison, the G2 just makes the S4 seem short on features. My suggestion would be to stick with the S4.
    11-29-2013 05:34 AM
    Thanks for the quick response! I assume you meant stick with the G2 at the end of your comment? I'd like to stick with the G2, but the 2 places I use my phone most often (home and at the office) I get the dreaded UNKNOWN on the Caller ID. I assume your wife's S4 doesn't have any of the Caller ID Unknown issues despite using hers in many of the same "areas" as you do? Thanks again.
    11-29-2013 08:49 AM
60 123