WeatherBug Elite not available for G2?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
On my old EVO 4G LTE I had been using, and loving, WeatherBug Elite. I got it as a free app of the day through Amazon. However I want to dump Amazon now (because they take forever to get app updates, etc.). I have no problems paying for this, but i can't find it. :-(

Searched for this in the Play Store but the only thing showing is the free version. Can someone here search in the Play Store for this and see if you can find it? I know Play will not show apps that arent approved for your device, but that would be crazy since i can see the free version.

Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I see only the free version in the Play Store.
The only other item from this developer is a widget.
Maybe it all got rolled into the free version.
Have you downloaded it to see if does the same things?

Mav. :cool:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not rolled into the free version. Elite removes the ads, more data, etc.

I sent an email to support asking about this, I guess I'll just have to wait (and wait...) for them to respond.

Thanks for checking!!!!

sansom

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
On my old EVO 4G LTE I had been using, and loving, WeatherBug Elite

If you still have your old EVO 4G LTE than install APP BACKUP AND RESTORE. It will backup your WeatherBug Elite to an APK which you can then email to your new phone and install.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you still have your old EVO 4G LTE than install APP BACKUP AND RESTORE. It will backup your WeatherBug Elite to an APK which you can then email to your new phone and install.

Yeah, would love to do that, but it's already been factory reset and moved to my daughters line. :-(

I never thought an app would just disappear the way this one has - when you go to the play store on the Web is not there either. I think this is more than just a device issue.

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I received my g2 yesterday and weatherBug elite was one of the first apps I installed. It was there when browsing through apps i had had installed previously.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edit: I do see that it does not show with a search. Try going to My Apps and move to All. Maybe it will show there for you.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I received my g2 yesterday and weatherBug elite was one of the first apps I installed. It was there when browsing through apps i had had installed previously.

Strange... I guess I could try installing the (crappy) Amazon App Store and see if I could install from there...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Finally heard back from WeatherBug, they have dropped WeatherBug Elite. I can install it from the Amazon app store because in paid for it there (and those that paid for it in the Google Play can reinstall it from there too). However no new customers and the app will never be updated again.

OK, time to search for SC new weather app. I found 1Weather in Google Play - any other suggestions?

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow, thanks for the heads up. Pretty bad to stop supporting it without mentioning it. I am going to start looking elsewhere as well.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of switching to 1Weather just for a change.
Also I saw WeatherBug Elite wasnt showing up in a playstore search as well.
Im thinking of going with 1weather as well now also.Since WeatherBug Elite is not going to be supported anymore.

probelogic

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I paid $2.99 for Weatherbug Elite in May 2013 to get rid of the ads, and eight months later they've dropped support and removed it from the store.

They won't be getting any more income from me. I refuse to use the free version after paying for the ad-free version.

HEY EARTH NETWORKS: YOU SUCK.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Firefox is unavailable for the samsung precedent but it is on mine.
Downloaded from the mozilla ftp sight.

Perhaps somthing like that is avaliable for weatherbug. But seeing as how it is a paid app I doubt they will be forthcoming in giving ypu a copy of the apk. Maybee the free one. U could probably download that apk from a variety of other trusted app stores.

If you root you can use rom toolbox to block adds with dns, you can use [redacted] to block google adds by blocking the apps connection to that specific web serving address. You can also resize the adds to null.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by a moderator:

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You can try to find an older version of the app and run it if the new one is incompatible now.

Although.

I would recomend accuweather instead. But I have never used weatherbug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You can still install it if you paid for it (I was able to go back to the crapazon app store and get it), but the problem is that it is the end of the road for the app. No more support means no more updates.

I've since moved to AccuWeather, but it doesn't provide all the data nice and concisely like WeatherBug did.

ksat

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I also had WB Elite... I remember the conversation about Elite being combined into the FREE version but completely forgot about it until I upgraded to my S5 recently.

About the only thing I miss from Elite is the 4x1 widget that it included - It was a nice widget that included current temp and such as well as 3 day forecast. Very simple but very handy. All they have with the most recent is a stupid current conditions widget. Not very helpful.

1Brite1

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me also. Could never figure it out why the "Elite" version wasn't showing up. I then stumbled upon a free App called "My Paid Apps" in the Google Playstore. It will have the Weather Bug Elite paid version there. There is also an older version of "My Paid Apps". I just downloaded both. The older version seems to show more of what, I have now forgotten, paid Apps. Have a great day!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me also. Could never figure it out why the "Elite" version wasn't showing up. I then stumbled upon a free App called "My Paid Apps" in the Google Playstore. It will have the Weather Bug Elite paid version there. There is also an older version of "My Paid Apps". I just downloaded both. The older version seems to show more of what, I have now forgotten, paid Apps. Have a great day!

Yes, but the problem with that is that Elite version will never be updated.

I moved on to AccuWeather but it still doesn't show me as much info as WeatberBug used to. :-(

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! Restored my purchase after it disappeared from my apps list.

timmyleeturner

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem but I had switched Google Accounts... so I logged back in with the account I was using at the time I purchased WB Elite and there it was, self installed along with a bunch of other apps I was missing. How do we change ownership when we want to abandon an old account?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463