Microphone icon changed to pencil on keyboard

mellydance

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I am wasting my life on a horrible customer service call at this minute. I had a voice to text icon on my keyboard and it disappeared the other day, it turned into a pencil so you can write. The rep can't even tell me if that is a free trial that expired; I'd pay for it! She had me download a useless app. Anyone know?

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am wasting my life on a horrible customer service call at this minute. I had a voice to text icon on my keyboard and it disappeared the other day, it turned into a pencil so you can write. The rep can't even tell me if that is a free trial that expired; I'd pay for it! She had me download a useless app. Anyone know?

Haha, the key turns into whatever you select. To get it back to microphone hold it down, 4 options should come up, handwriting (which is the pencil), clipboard, microphone, and settings. Just select the microphone and it will stay there unless you accidentally hit it. The 2 buttons to the right side of the spacebar are like that as well so I choose my 2 most used symbols there so I only have to tap it once instead of holding down the letter that has the symbol in it. Hope this helps.

Rockin my LG G2

mellydance

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Tech support much more helpful! HOLD DOWN the icon and choices will pop up - I got the microphone back.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thank you, depechemodegurl! Black Celebration forever!

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Tech support much more helpful! HOLD DOWN the icon and choices will pop up - I got the microphone back.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thank you, depechemodegurl! Black Celebration forever!

I actually paid for Swype before I got this phone and I prefer the LG keyboard to it! Its way better then the Samsung keyboard.

Black celebration, nice!

Rockin my LG G2

Jessi Mills

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Just in case that solution doesn't work for some here is what I had to do. Go into Apps>Settings>Language and Input and in there make sure you have Google Voice checked right underneath LG Keyboard.

In my case I had just bought my phone and there was never a microphone there to begin with because Google Voice was not turned on.

Lisa Levitt

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I have lost the option for a voice recorder button in my txting section for my galaxy 5. I can hold the wee icon to the left of the space bar - but the choices that come up do not include the voice reorder button. Where has it gone?

CGingerick

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
This just happened to me today after a software update. I tried the solution of holding down the key to the left of the spacebar, but the microphone icon does not come up as an option. How can I get it back?

sgar70

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem today. The microphone was not an option with a hard press of the key next to the space bar. If all the settings seem correct, restart your phone. Worked for me!

Michael Ziebell

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Bring up keyboard and touch the very bottom left side of phone , not the pencil - next to the home button on bottom - scroll up you should see a row with TRANSLATE on it - it will probably be a light grey which means its off - Tap it ,and turn on. This fixed mine- Now i can voice text again.

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
How to i add a comma to the (.) key? I get that when i hold it down It brings up the menu with punctuation choices but like depechemodegurl, i would like to change it to a comma because that's what i use the most. I gotta be missing something simple. Thanks everyone.

Posted via Android Central App

GreenfaceONE

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
After the update the other day I find I have the same problem as everyone else. My microphone disappeared from my keyboard. None of the above solutions fixed the issue. So I went into Applications, scrolled down, clicked on Samsung Account app, then just pressed the 'uninstall updates' button and reboot my phone. Now I have my microphone icon back on my message keyboard. I don't need any updates as my phone works fine without them. Samsung needs to stop messing with its customer base. Hope this helps.

GolferSA

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
... you also need to have Google Search enabled under Applications, and a language selected. I inadvertently turned it off using Startup Manager, just spent 3 days tearing the internet up looking for the answer.

benbart

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
The LG L70 MS323 is similar.
If you hold down on the settings button you get 3 choices, one of which is the mic icon.
Just tap it and the settings button changes to the microphone button. You can pick any of the 3 choices whenever you need to.

If you don't see it then change options for google keyboard as mentioned above.

CaptChris

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
:eek: OK, got a replacement phone last week. have everything set up exactly like my old phone. Button next to space bar has a Pencil, Settings and Clipboard. NO MICROPHONE. What now?? Any good aps?? I like that option.

Kat Anderson1

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Oh my GOSH! I have been ripping my hair out for months trying to find a solution. None of the other suggestions worked, none of them from ANYWHERE on the internet, and the whole time it was because Google Search was disabled?!? You are a LIFESAVER! Work will be so much easier now. Thank you and your big brain!

Thunders Garage

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
WoW, thanks so much guys. Had the same problem, I had removed Google Search as it was using up a large percent of my battery yesterday. Found these posts and now I can again talk my messages again! Woo Hoo! Keep On Truckin'! BT

Attachments

• myvanapp2s.gif
    myvanapp2s.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 79

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11