Another new user with a few questions...

lklein1976

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Evo 4G LTE and I like the phone so far for the most part. A few questions that I was wondering if anyone could help me out with

1) Many of the webpages I frequent are loading in mobile format. I switch it to desktop view, but when I go back, mobile again. My Evo never loaded mobile pages. I hate mobile pages especially with such a great phone. Any tips?

2) Is there a way to change the default browser to chrome or something else?

3) My facebook contacts are syncing but the photos are not syncing. Any advice?

Any other tips and/or tricks would be appreciated as I have only had this phone for a day or so. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Evo 4G LTE and I like the phone so far for the most part. A few questions that I was wondering if anyone could help me out with

1) Many of the webpages I frequent are loading in mobile format. I switch it to desktop view, but when I go back, mobile again. My Evo never loaded mobile pages. I hate mobile pages especially with such a great phone. Any tips?

Any other tips and/or tricks would be appreciated as I have only had this phone for a day or so. Thanks!

Congratulations on the new phone.
1. When you get to the desktop site, try making a bookmark. See if that helps.
2. Try seeing if you can set it by settings>apps. I know you can clear defaults in this manner, not sure if you can set them this way.
3. No idea....sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
(1) Next browser has desktop mode which can be set as default

(2) clear default browser
Settings > apps > menu > clear default browser
Then you can set default browser when clicking on a link.

(3) not sure. Don't use FB.

Here's a few tips and tricks

(1) swipe up from LG logo for quick access to Google search, QVoice, and Quick memo
(2) long press volume down + power to take screen shot
(3) when screen is off long press volume down to launch camera, long press volume up for quick note
(4) short press volume down to silence call
(5) invert color
Settings >accessibility >invert on
(6) get 50 GB free storage from Box cloud storage
(7) long press quick toggles to view settings for specific toggle

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

For fb contact pics I use an app called sync.me it loads status' and overwrites contact pics with info from Facebook. I disable all the other options it offers tho because I don't have any use for them. There is also a smaller simple app called Facebook contact sync that just updates the pics.

Rockin my LG G2

youngusaplaya

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
weird my facebook contacts sync by themselves from the app no third party app needed, granted you have to add the person to their correct contact.....go to a contact's profile in your peoples app, hit the menu button and then hit join and it should bring up a list of facebook contacts to add to that profile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca