Sprint LG G2: Battery life is terrible

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Not sure why, but I am experiencing horrible battery life.

Stock rom with Spark update
I have auto brightness set with a max of 50%
No "strange" apps...I guess just the normal stuff. Zedge, Maps, etc. I disabled G+ because I don't use it.
I use Google Music connected to BT quite a bit - maybe an hour total...
Maybe 30 mins of phone calls
I'm getting roughly 8 hours of moderate to heavy usage.

That just seems really bad to me considering the battery in this thing... Anyone have any ideas?

:-\

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery life is terrible

I'm gonna bet on Sprint Spark playing some part in this.. Sprint is working in the right direction but I think if the device is doing some heavy change off switching bands to keep the best connection possible its working that radio hard which in turn eats battery..

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm gonna bet on Sprint Spark playing some part in this.. Sprint is working in the right direction but I think if the device is doing some heavy change off switching bands to keep the best connection possible its working that radio hard which in turn eats battery..
I'm on wifi

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm interesting... I'll let the LG G2 community chime in on this for a more accurate answer.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Try Gsam battery monitor and wakelock detector to identify the issue.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Try Gsam battery monitor and wakelock detector to identify the issue.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

I second this, GSam will help find the culprit. Look at some of the other battery threads here for suggestions on what to look for.

Right now I've been on battery for 13 hours 41 minutes with 4 hours 15 minutes screen on time and several 10 - 15 minute phone calls and my battery is at 45% left.

You must have a misbehaving app, or something that is doing a lot of syncing.

Let us know what you see with GSam and many here will be more than willing to assist.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Google services is taking up 66% of my battery since I've unplugged it. Going down about 10% battery an hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-13-14-35-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-13-14-35-51.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

This Google Services thing is a known bug, correct?

Posted via Android Central App

From what I've read it should have been fixed in the newer versions. Also, if others are reporting great battery life and I'm not, there has to be something I'm missing... I don't know though, I'm just spitballing.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Usually a simulated battery pull (hold the power button down until your phone restarts) will resolve this.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Thank you. This seemed to have worked. Weird that it happened though. Is this normal?

Normal? No. But it happens. Typically a memory leak or other problem with an app that causes it to go haywire. I've even had it happen with the Android Central App.

So, if I see a single app using huge amounts of battery or CPU, first thing I do is a simulated battery pull. If that doesn't fix it then I start looking elsewhere.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Sorry to keep adding to this thread but I came across another question. Yesterday my battery was being drained by "Google Services." The simulated battery pull worked. Today however, "Google Play Services" keeping my phone awake and draining the battery. Simulated pull did not stop it.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

After seeing your three threads in a row im gonna go out on a limb and say your phone is defective

Sent from my Lumia 928

dwr3ck3d

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to keep adding to this thread but I came across another question. Yesterday my battery was being drained by "Google Services." The simulated battery pull worked. Today however, "Google Play Services" keeping my phone awake and draining the battery. Simulated pull did not stop it.

Do you use Google Now?

I was having the same Google Play Services drain my battery faster than normal and turning off Google Now did the trick for me. Kinda sucks though because I like the Google Now service, but I didn't use it enough to have to worry if I would have enough battery by the end of the day.

Hope this helps!

gerryf19

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

I had terrible battery life as well and could not figure it out. Then I had to reset my phone to factory settings as I could not figure out why texts to one person kept bouncing back a message. So I reset it, and reinstalled all of the same apps and battery life more than tripled. I was getting roughly 4 hours ...it was ridiculous. Now I am getting about 13 with heavy use.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Screenshot_2014-02-21-17-12-56.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-21-17-13-04.jpg

Here are some pictures of my battery stats. I have no idea why I'm getting such terrible battery life compared to what others are saying. I'd love to have some input or assistance on what could be going on.

Ryan Atchason

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

You think your battery life is bad I get 5 hours of screen time with my lg g2 auto sync turned off location off manual email refresh and 50% brightness. And after 5 hours of on screen time done to about 5% percent

Posted via Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 105534View attachment 105535

Here are some pictures of my battery stats. I have no idea why I'm getting such terrible battery life compared to what others are saying. I'd love to have some input or assistance on what could be going on.

If you're rooted you can Greenify Google services. Otherwise, you'll need to manually stop it from running.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03