Battery useage - Looking for some insight

DinoF80

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Long story short, I've had my G2 for a few weeks. Great battery life at first and then it was awful, seemingly overnight. The biggest drain was Google Maps and the "location services". I have to use GPS for work so no getting around that. Now I'm in the habit of turning on that service, turning on the GPS mid-trip, and when I arrive I stop the location services and reboot the phone.

Now the biggest drain comes from the Android System. I captured some data with GSam and while I don't believe there is enough to pinpoint exactly what is causing the App Useage to be 67%, I would love it if some more experienced Android users could point out any specific process that can be stopped or is known to cause issues with battery life. I have no idea what some of this stuff is and I would seriously appreciate any insight into this phone!!

Data:

GSam Labs - Battery Monitor - Export Data

Android System

Mar 20, 2014 6:20:45 PM

Usage Details

CPU Usage:3m 52s
CPU Usage (Background Only):3m 36s
Keep Awake:2m 2s
Number of Wake Locks:487
Number of times waking device:14
Gravity:2h 45m 6s
Light:8m 42s
App UID:1000

Wakelock Detail

ActivityManager-Launch34.9s(58)
BlockBeforeSleep28.6s(11)
AlarmManager23.1s(175)
*vibrator*14.4s(53)
show keyguard6.7s(8)
*backup*4.2s(19)
SCREEN_FROZEN2.8s(5)
ActivityManager-Sleep1.9s(11)
QcConnectivityService1.8s(1)
WifiStateMachine1.1s(2)
NetworkStats1.1s(36)
SyncLoopWakeLock0.8s(74)
DHCP0.5s(1)
GpsLocationProvider0.2s(10)
SyncManagerHandleSyncAlarm0.1s(6)
keyguardWakeAndHandOff0.1s(7)
PhoneWindowManager.mVolumeLongKeyWakeLock0.0s(1)
WifiSuspend0.0s(9)

Included Packages

Shutdown Monitor
com.lge.systemui
Home selector
Smart screen
MirrorLink Cert Test
Android System
com.lge.lockscreen
Settings
Font Server
Aspect ratio correction
LocationServices
com.lge.internal
SprintExtensionProvider
Accessibility
Task Manager
LGInstallService
com.lge.hiddenmenu
LGSystemServer
com.lge.lgfota.permission
Key Chain
LG MLT
Input Devices
com.lge.doubletap
LGSetupWizard
Camera Test
LGATCMD Service
Plug & Pop
LG Backup
Settings Storage
LG VPN
Widevine Keybox Test
ELTest
Service Programu
Google Backup Transport
Unified EULA

Included Processes

time_daemon
com.lge.keepscreenon
android
logcat
com.android.settings
com.lge.atservice
com.lge.sprintextension
com.android.settingsaccessibility
com.lge.lmk
com.lge.lginstallservies
mm-pp-daemon
ssr_diag
qseecomd
com.lge.hiddenmenu
com.lge.lgfota.permission
cnd
gsiff_daemon
atd
com.lge.mlt
com.lge.doubletap
ATFWD-daemon
lgsecclkserver
imsqmidaemon
com.lge.tangible
com.lge.bnr
qrngd
system:ui
ufips
system
surfaceflinger
secstarter
com.lge.systemserver
ims_rtp_daemon
imsdatadaemon
com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu
com.google.android.backup
servicemanager
com.lge.eula

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hm...
I don't really see a lot wrong with that. The wakelock does seem high though.
Not sure why the alarm manager is waking the phone so much either. I'm no expert on this do I could be wrong.
Have you tried going in and clearing your alarm data/cache? You'd have to set your alarms again, but that may help a bit.

Otherwise the only other thing I can really say to do is backup everything and do a factory reset. Then slowly add all the apps you had before.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

DinoF80

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hm...
I don't really see a lot wrong with that. The wakelock does seem high though.
Not sure why the alarm manager is waking the phone so much either. I'm no expert on this do I could be wrong.
Have you tried going in and clearing your alarm data/cache? You'd have to set your alarms again, but that may help a bit.

Otherwise the only other thing I can really say to do is backup everything and do a factory reset. Then slowly add all the apps you had before.

Good eye my friend! I found a Wakelock Detector app which identified a crazy, runaway app that I don't really need. So that's an easy fix.

This is a pretty awesome phone but it does require a lot more monitoring and adjusting than any other phone I have owned.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
That's the android ecosystem for you. App developers have a bit more freedom than they do with Apple. That being said, it tends to lead to a lot of devs making apps go rogue and wakelocking the phone way more than necessary. In cases like that a lot of people look down on androids, but it's nothing more than misinformation really. Apple being closed source is good in aspects like those, but they also lack the freedom. You just have to pick your poison lol.

I was actually gonna recommend you download wakelock detector, but it slipped my mind. Seems as if you found it anyway haha.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget to use Power Saver Mode.
Also get that Snapdragon Battery Guru app. They work wonders together. Especially being able to stop individual apps from refreshing all the time.

Posted via my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2, K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget to use Power Saver Mode.
Also get that Snapdragon Battery Guru app. They work wonders together. Especially being able to stop individual apps from refreshing all the time.

Posted via my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2, K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

People have had very mixed results with the Snapdragon Battery Guru app. In found my battery lasts way longer without it than with it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Battery guru didn't help much with battery life when I used it. Using wakelock detector and Greenify has significantly improved battery life.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah battery guru is meh, and I am about ready to remove it. For the people it works for though, more power to you. Congrats haha.