Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat Tips, Tricks, Traps, Problems, Concerns, LIkes, Dislikes Thread.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I noticed something, nothing big. When you power on the phone it does not say 'Powered by Android'. I thought that was required now.

Posted via Android Central App

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I noticed something, nothing big. When you power on the phone it does not say 'Powered by Android'. I thought that was required now.

I noticed that too. I was looking for it on KitKat. With Knock Code supposedly coming to the G2 I'm guessing it'll be changed in that update?

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

It's not there? Damn, I'm skipping this update and waiting until that feature is there!!

OK, so not really I just need something to make waiting for the update to go quicker. ;)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
It's not there? Damn, I'm skipping this update and waiting until that feature is there!!

OK, so not really I just need something to make waiting for the update to go quicker. ;)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Lol. I know it's not that big of deal. Just wondering why that was left off.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
My battery drain was high yesterday. But I saw that I had a camera scanner app on my phone. I'm going to take that off and see if that works.

After taking that app off(it was the Macy's app that had a barcode scanner)the battery has held up wonderfully! So I guess that camera bug is alive and well.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with Google Play Music and the "Can't play stream now" bug. Forced closed app, cleared data, uninstalled updates, reinstalled, powered off phone into recovery mode and cleared device cache. Seems to work fine now.

As far as changes, the ability to hold the down volume key to start the camera when the screen is off is gone, now it just controls the volume. Before, if the screen was off, holding volume down would start the camera and volume up would start quick memo I think.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with Google Play Music and the "Can't play stream now" bug. Forced closed app, cleared data, uninstalled updates, reinstalled, powered off phone into recovery mode and cleared device cache. Seems to work fine now.

As far as changes, the ability to hold the down volume key to start the camera when the screen is off is gone, now it just controls the volume. Before, if the screen was off, holding volume down would start the camera and volume up would start quick memo I think.

It still works for me. I just tried it for both.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It still works for me. I just tried it for both.

Yep, I just noticed that the difference is playing audio. With audio playing it controls volume, with audio off it works like before. I can't remember if it worked like that before KK or not.

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone experienced a faster battery drain or a lousy connection to Spark/LTE. Before KK I had pretty good battery and a decent Spark connection but now it's constantly searching and draining. I just went ahead and put my network to CDMA. I update profile and PRL and nothing. I know I have coverage. I'm in Fort Worth.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone experienced a faster battery drain or a lousy connection to Spark/LTE. Before KK I had pretty good battery and a decent Spark connection but now it's constantly searching and draining. I just went ahead and put my network to CDMA. I update profile and PRL and nothing. I know I have coverage. I'm in Fort Worth.

Earlier this morning I was watching an episode of BlazBlue: Alter Memory and my connection reverted to CDMA (stopped the video dead lol). Tried to airplane mode, update the prl, and reboot the phone to reconnect to LTE. Aside from that one occurrence, I have had no problems.

I am finding though that my phone is starting to lock up every now and then. I'll try to unlock and it's like the screen is unresponsive, or a few other instances. Quite annoying, but again. It's tolerable. I see a patch in the future though considering we're supposed to be getting knock code.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

cwise2222

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

I'd give it some time to settle, so to speak. It sounds odd but sometimes after updates, especially bigger ones, there are small network connection issues. I have a strong feeling that the KitKat update re-worked how the phone searches and locks onto bands considering the issues that popped up with the phone not locking onto band 25 in non-spark areas. If you do ##DEBUG# and go into LTE Engineering it'll show what band it's locking onto. If you're flipping pretty constantly between 25/26/41 then I'm willing to bet it either just needs time to figure itself out or you're now connecting to a different tower then before and it might now have all the Spark equipment installed or fully running. Spark and LTE get announced long before the equipment is 100% installed on all the towers in the market so I'd be wiling to be all the Spark cities aren't at 100% completion yet.

If it's doesn't get better in 24/48 hours you can try a hard rest, that'll flush out any gremlins in the system, and see if that helps. I've yet to get the update, but at present the only reason I get onto LTE is because my market just got Band 26 lit up last week. Once I get it I can poke around and see what happens.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, hope it's not just my phone. No apps like snapchat on my phone, and no new apps that weren't also on jb. I'll give it some more time before worrying about it tho. Thanks for your suggestions.

Rockin my LG G2

After factory data resetting last night battery is way better. Not sure what the deal is but whatever was draining it is gone now.
u5e6ypyh.jpg

Rockin my LG G2

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
"google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly"

EEshhh...Since the update, EVERY time I reboot my phone I receive this error message. I'm unrooted, on the KK update, after installed did a factory reset, reinstalled my LG backup. Nothing out of the ordinary. I looked up the usual troubleshooting online and nothing worked. I cleared app preferences, signed out of my Google account and signed back in, disabled and then enabled my download app etc. The only thing I haven't done is do another reset because adding all the pics and data back onto the phone takes so long. Does anyone have any tips or ideas how I can fix this or what is causing it?

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
"google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly"

EEshhh...Since the update, EVERY time I reboot my phone I receive this error message. I'm unrooted, on the KK update, after installed did a factory reset, reinstalled my LG backup. Nothing out of the ordinary. I looked up the usual troubleshooting online and nothing worked. I cleared app preferences, signed out of my Google account and signed back in, disabled and then enabled my download app etc. The only thing I haven't done is do another reset because adding all the pics and data back onto the phone takes so long. Does anyone have any tips or ideas how I can fix this or what is causing it?

Are you using SwiftKey?

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34