Has anyone had issues with the middle button not working on the Quadbeats 2 earphones? or on any 3 button headset/earphones? When I press the middle button (which is supposed to be the play/pause button), it brings up an option to open the phone dialer. It's pretty annoying that play/pause doesn't work.

It didn't work when I had Android 4.2.2 and still doesn't work after upgrading to 4.4.2. I can't imagine LG would design a pair of earphones that wouldn't work properly with their own flagship phone.

I've tested it out on the stock music app and google play app; it always brings up the phone dialer option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-03-2014 03:16 PM
    You may want to clean the headphone port. A Q-tip with some "Q" pulled off so it will fit in---with some connection cleaner, or alcohol. A bit of dirt or coffee in the port can mess up your phone in many ways.
    04-03-2014 09:26 PM
    Has anyone had issues with the middle button not working on the Quadbeats 2 earphones? or on any 3 button headset/earphones? When I press the middle button (which is supposed to be the play/pause button), it brings up an option to open the phone dialer. It's pretty annoying that play/pause doesn't work.

It didn't work when I had Android 4.2.2 and still doesn't work after upgrading to 4.4.2. I can't imagine LG would design a pair of earphones that wouldn't work properly with their own flagship phone.

I've tested it out on the stock music app and google play app; it always brings up the phone dialer option.

Having the same experience, confused why this is its behavior. Bump for a fix?

You may want to clean the headphone port. A Q-tip with some "Q" pulled off so it will fit in---with some connection cleaner, or alcohol. A bit of dirt or coffee in the port can mess up your phone in many ways.
    :/
    05-15-2014 02:22 PM
    I found out the solution as same issue was with me also....disable "ok google detection - from any screen option-feature from the google now settings full steps below

1. open google now
    2. goto google now setting
    3. select voice option from search & now cards
    4. select "ok google" detection
    5. uncheck -from any screen - option
    6. exit google now
    7. that's it.

Check your issue will be resolved .

mine problem solved in this method only.

Reply me it worked or not

- - - Updated - - -

I found out the solution as same issue was with me also....disable "ok google detection - from any screen option-feature from the google now settings full steps below

1. open google now
    2. goto google now setting
    3. select voice option from search & now cards
    4. select "ok google" detection
    5. uncheck -from any screen - option
    6. exit google now
    7. that's it.

Check your issue will be resolved .

mine problem solved in this method only.

Reply me it worked or not

07-12-2014 10:57 PM
    Issue Resolved - Updated to Android Lollipop and issue is now resolved, music will play/pause and jump to next track using middle button. Only took about a year and a half for LG to fix this.
    05-26-2015 02:54 PM