Post Kit Kat, can someone try this and tell me their results?

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Since I updated to Kit Kat I have lost my ability to change icons to an icon from a different theme.

Can someone else try the following and tell me if it is the same for you?

Hold the icon down, then let go and click on the purple paint brush symbol to change the icon. Once you are in the icon gallery try to click on the menu button and change to a different icon theme pack. When I click on the menu button, it no longer brings up the other themes for selection. Nothing happens when I click on the menu button and therefor I am only able to select icons from the current theme or select photo icons. Prior to Kit Kat, I was able to select a different theme and choose icons from that theme.

I don't want to change the whole theme, I still have the ability to do that, but I only want to change one icon to a different theme's icon. I am running stock kit kat and have never ran anything other than stock updates.

Thank you.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Since I updated to Kit Kat I have lost my ability to change icons to an icon from a different theme.

Can someone else try the following and tell me if it is the same for you?

Hold the icon down, then let go and click on the purple paint brush symbol to change the icon. Once you are in the icon gallery try to click on the menu button and change to a different icon theme pack. When I click on the menu button, it no longer brings up the other themes for selection. Nothing happens when I click on the menu button and therefor I am only able to select icons from the current theme or select photo icons. Prior to Kit Kat, I was able to select a different theme and choose icons from that theme.

I don't want to change the whole theme, I still have the ability to do that, but I only want to change one icon to a different theme's icon. I am running stock kit kat and have never ran anything other than stock updates.

Thank you.

I can't see other themes icons either, only the icons from the theme I'm on show up as an option.

Rockin my LG G2

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. That is what I was afraid of. Too bad, I hope they bring this back soon.

By the way, Depeche Mode Black Celebration at Irvine Meadows was my first concert I ever went to. Still enjoy listening to them. Especially the older albums.