WiFi Stuck State

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed today after the Kit Kat upgrade that sometimes the WiFi gets in a state where it can't turn on. It drains the battery trying to turn on, but it can't. The toggle for WiFi is greyed out (so I can't turn it on or off) but in the toggles under the notifications drawer, the WiFi logo is animated as if it's trying to turn on but is darkened.

Anyone else experience this weird stuck state?

Thanks,

Elton

PS A reboot resolves the issue, but it recurs later on.

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
This is kinda getting to be my stock answer for many different issues, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record I suggest booting into recovery and wiping the cache partition (NOT the same thing as a full factory reset). This will clear out a lot of unnecessary digital junk without messing with your apps and settings, and is something I do after most major updates. Sometimes there's enough crud in the works to screw up random processes, and this should clear things up.

If that doesn't do the trick a full FDR may be required.

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This is kinda getting to be my stock answer for many different issues, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record I suggest booting into recovery and wiping the cache partition (NOT the same thing as a full factory reset). This will clear out a lot of unnecessary digital junk without messing with your apps and settings, and is something I do after most major updates. Sometimes there's enough crud in the works to screw up random processes, and this should clear things up.

If that doesn't do the trick a full FDR may be required.

Doesn't sound like a broken record to me - I didn't realize that could help fix the problem! I just didn't want to have to do a full FDR because it takes me forever to restore my phone back to the way it is before a reset. I'll give this a shot, thanks!

Elton

revitalf

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Have you ever been able to resolve this issue?
I am experiencing the exact same thing. Wifi is constantly trying to turn on, cannot turn it off. Moreover, not only don't I have wi-fi access, it also causes battery drain.
The only difference is that for me restarting the phone doesn't help so I am really hopeless.

I will appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Revital.

Last edited: