Loose headphone jack?

tonydasta

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I think Jao36 might be right, its a bunch of lint. I had the same problem with my jack not clicking in and falling out all the time. It was getting very annoying. So because I keep my phone in the front pocket that seemed like a likely cause. So how I fixed it was a took a small sewing pin, put it in a vice, and gently hit the tip with a hammer. This bent the sharp tip into a very small hook. Then I worked this in and out of the hole and yes, there was a ton on lint inside that I couldn't even see. After that it clicked like new.

Sanjit2017

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
With my headphones plugged, I have to turn the jack side of the headphone clockwise or anti-clockwise or sometime lift up a very little bit to hear the music. Sometimes, even moving the cable of the headphones makes it work. If I don't do these things, the music comes real faint. I tried cleaning the female port on phone where the headphone jack plugs in with a alcohol-soaked cotton swab and also a toothpick, nothing happened. I replaced this headphones with my friends one and it worked sweet. I guess, its a problem with my loose connection of the headphone jack with the phone's port.
Let me know, if I am concluding right. If not, what might the probable causes and whats the remedy for this.
Thanks in advance.
-Sanjit

Greg Zimmerman1

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine. I stuck a tooth pick in the jack and pulled a bunch of lint out now it works fine.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Same problem, with the same result: lint. I turned my phone off and used a paper clip to dig around and after a while, loosened a wad of lint. Headphones seat fine now.

Fastcubesolver1

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Same problem, with the same result: lint. I turned my phone off and used a paper clip to dig around and after a while, loosened a wad of lint. Headphones seat fine now.

I just searched this because I was having the same problem. I took your advice and cleaned out the jack port with a paperclip, there was SO MUCH lint in it. I think I found the problem :)

saadgb

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I was searching some fix for my LG G6 and I found this thread. Cleaning with paper clip method really worked. Thanks people :D

Joulesscribe

Jan 16, 2019
Visit site
I was jamming some killer brutal metal tunes at Best Buy and a guy came up to me and asked what awesome band was it. Only people who jam cool tunes like me can get away with it. But if you play stuff that is on the radio or is popular old crap, you are a loser.

I salute you brother for being as audacious as you are. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Mosketer

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
anyone else have a problem with the plug not seating into the headphone jack with a solid click? the one on my phone is so lose that the plug comes out with no effort. Just barely moving the phone will cause the headphone to unseat. I don't like it when people sit in a restaurant, or somewhere else, and play their music for all to hear.. There have been a few times when this has happened accidently to me as the plug won't seat firmly. i will stop by the Sprint store and see what they say. Bet I have to give up the phone for awhile, huh?

Hey, I found a no-cost "fix" for the loose jack! Just pluck a bristle from a paint brush and place it in the hole before inserting the jack. That little bit of hair will force the jack to make good contact without it falling out. I did that yesterday and it held the whole time I was using it!

thrivilll30

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine. I stuck a tooth pick in the jack and pulled a bunch of lint out now it works fine.

You are a genius I literally only made an account on here to tell you that you're a life saver. I was contemplating on just getting bluetooth headphones.

Last edited:

Ezegezoomah

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site

You are a life saver, it sounded stupid to me at first but I gave it a try and it worked!! You are great. I just signed up here just to let you know that you are a lifesaver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463