Help! 2 broken screens in a week!

jmc1321

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, the first time, when it fell out of my tool belt when I was up a ladder, completely my fault... paid the $150 to have it replaced. Last night when I was getting out of my car that's relatively low to the ground, it slid out of my pocket and fell 1.5 feet at most and the bottom half of the screen is now unresponsive, & has two decent cracks with very minimal spider webbing... screen is full and vibrant as day 1... wtf... I know what the right answer is but I had to ask, has this happened to anyone else and was there any route to take beyond paying ANOTHER $150 to assurion in less than 2 weeks time? Like claim it was defective out of the box from them? I know, before all you internet conscience police tear me a new one, its wrong of me to even ask and I'm going to the fiery gates of hell for even thinking about not giving the multi billion dollar company more of my money without hesitation....

But for real, any thoughts or suggestions?

& furthermore, wtf LG, how is it even possible this phone is THAT delicate? Like literally, slid down my leg and landed flat upside down on my driveway @ a snail's pace...

Posted via Android Central App

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the first time, when it fell out of my tool belt when I was up a ladder, completely my fault... paid the $150 to have it replaced. Last night when I was getting out of my car that's relatively low to the ground, it slid out of my pocket and fell 1.5 feet at most and the bottom half of the screen is now unresponsive, & has two decent cracks with very minimal spider webbing... screen is full and vibrant as day 1... wtf... I know what the right answer is but I had to ask, has this happened to anyone else and was there any route to take beyond paying ANOTHER $150 to assurion in less than 2 weeks time? Like claim it was defective out of the box from them? I know, before all you internet conscience police tear me a new one, its wrong of me to even ask and I'm going to the fiery gates of hell for even thinking about not giving the multi billion dollar company more of my money without hesitation....

& furthermore, wtf LG, how is it even possible this phone is THAT delicate? Like literally, slid down my leg and landed flat upside down on my driveway @ a snail's pace...

Mine broke this weekend too. It didn't fall from too high up but did fall on my garage cement floor... I have the geek squad insurance so it's also 150. Luckily I kept my s3 so I switched back to that in the time being until I can decide what to do. One of my lines has an upgrade available 6/1 so I'm thinking getting a new one would be cheaper then paying the 150. My screen is shattered, it still turns on and looks nice but no touch screen functions work. I have dropped it before from much higher up and its been fine, guessing it's because I dropped it onto cement. If I were you I would try to get away with the defective part story and see what they say. The worst the can say is no right? Then you are in no worse position then you are now. Good luck!

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

If you're handy you can buy the assembly online for less than your deductible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma