Laggy performance

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Since the kitkat update ive been getting pretty bad performance from my g2. For instance, while typing it will lag behind, or while just surfing or reading new articles itll just hang up and the screen will stick in one spot. its pretty aggravating. Does anyone know of a fix?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since the kitkat update ive been getting pretty bad performance from my g2. For instance, while typing it will lag behind, or while just surfing or reading new articles itll just hang up and the screen will stick in one spot. its pretty aggravating. Does anyone know of a fix?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
You can try clearing the system cache, by rebooting into recovery. I don't really know how on a G2. I will take a look around. during that, you can try clearing the cache through Settings>storage. Tap on the cache section and that should clear some of it.

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The tweaks are available within the settings of all recent Android phones in a section called “Developer options.”

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it...restart your device

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've done both tweaks to my G2 and it's running alot quicker. Haven't had another issue since I've done both tweaks. Thanks for all the help guys!