Battery Draining (and heat up) issues?

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
I'm pretty happy with my Sprint LG G2 (although not with Sprint - since switching to the LG G2 from a GS3 it's been horrible - am still working with them to resolve everything), but lately my phone has been getting extremely hot at times and this definitely seems to contribute to the battery draining faster. It definitely seems to happen when I take my phone out (i.e. when driving, not on my home WiFI network and in my home, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone has any good tips for trying to figure out what might be causing this and how I can get better battery life and avoid these heat-ups/battery drains?

I already tried disabling the Sprint Connections Optimizer, and now I'm wondering if the constant connection/disconnection from Optimum WiFi hotspots (since I'm an Optimum customer and have enabled my phone to connect to Optimum hotspots when in range) could be causing this?

Thanks!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Typically when your phone gets real hot the cause is extreme radio use (WiFi, phone, LTE). Check to see if you have any apps that are sucking large amounts of data.

When this happens what are you using your phone for? Streaming music, etc, or does it get extremely hot just sitting there with the screen off?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
Typically when your phone gets real hot the cause is extreme radio use (WiFi, phone, LTE). Check to see if you have any apps that are sucking large amounts of data.

Is there a good method I should be using to check?

When this happens what are you using your phone for? Streaming music, etc, or does it get extremely hot just sitting there with the screen off?

Usually this happens when I'm doing absolutely nothing on my phone - today for instance it happened when my phone was simply in my pocket as I was driving.

Thanks!

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This exact things happens to me daily. I expect my phone to drain battery while I work because I am listening to music all day however when I am at home not even using the phone I pick it up and it's extreme hot. I go to send a text and it texts the same text twenty times. I am going to try disconnecting the optimizer thing you mentioned

Sent from the sexy LG G2

nerdnificent

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Definitely turn off the Optimizer. It destroys battery life. And make sure you don't have anything like Skype running in the background even you're not using it. Check your running apps in the settings and stop any you don't need running. I usually turn off the bloatware as soon as I reboot. Mine has been excellent with battery life until the last update. Now, I have to charge it everyday. Sometimes twice a day. This is with little usage, and no unnecessary apps running. :|

Posted via Android Central App