Anyone use the Runkeeper app?

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I installed it yesterday and have not gotten it to lock onto my GPS location once, thus rendering the app pretty much useless. I've contacted Runkeeper support, but they seem to be pretty clueless about it as well. My GPS works fine in every other app I've tried using it in. Google maps, Facebook, my stock weather app, and a few others as well. Anyone else have anything like this happen to them before, and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't use this app, I use MapMyWalk, but installed it to test it out for you. It was able to lock onto a "Good" GPS signal in about 5 seconds.

Is your location setting set to "High Accuracy"?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's set to high accuracy. I don't know what the deal is. Apparently the support team for Runkeeper doesn't either. I've used this app on a few different devices in the past and it always worked fine. I haven't been running for a while, but have begun to run again, so I went with my tried and true app for tracking. I guess I'll give MyTracks a go and see if I like it. It's not bad for tracking snowboarding runs, but it doesn't really have a lot of the features that I enjoy with Runkeeper. How's MapMyWalk? Is it made by the same people that do the MapMyRun website?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded this app sometime last week. Worked great for me. It mapped out my run around my block... Just wish easier to use. I couldn't figure out how to track run and walk without having to start over. I rather get gps pedometer that's compatible with my fitness pal.

Posted via Android Central App