Brand new phone, LTE continuously toggles on and off

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Just picked this up in the Sprint store, and the LTE just continually toggles on and off, every second or even more frequent.

The guy in the store updated the profile, all system updates were downloaded and installed, and I checked the BSR timer and it is already set to 3.

The crazy thing is I activated 5 other G2s and none of them are having this issue. I had this same issue with my original phone I bought off Swappa, the Sprint guy couldn't figure out what was wrong and so I got a brand new replacement, however now this issue is here again.

Any ideas at all? The guy at Sprint got it working for about 5 minutes by switching the network mode from Global to LTE/CDMA , then updating the profile, but after 5 mins or so it was back to flashing on and off. Every time I update the profile all of a sudden the Spark icon starts spinning, updates, it works for 5 mins or so then goes back to flashing on and off .

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't understand, if it's a new phone have them give you another. I certainly wouldn't take a new phone that is defective. This has to be a hardware problem. Frankly, I can't believe any self-respecting sales person would let you walk out of the store with a phone that is functioning in that manner.