I got the notification on Saturday morning that my Lollipop upgrade was available but I decided to not upgrade given all the bad feedback here on Lollipop, so I've just been ignoring it. Since Saturday though, my WiFi hasn't worked at all. It just keeps blinking as if it's going to switch on WiFi and it never does - it's just an endless loop (and i can't toggle it off because it's still stuck trying to turn on WiFI).

Reboots do not fix it reliably. Sometimes a reboot will fix it, but not for long. I think the Sprint Connections Optimizer keeps trying to toggle it on because I disabled JuiceDefender and it still tries to turn on WiFi and get in this stuck state. But even if the Connections Optimizer (which whenever I disable comes back shortly thereafter) wasn't toggling WiFi, it still sucks to rely on 3G all the time.

What are my best options here? Factory reset? Upgrade to lollipop? I'd rather not upgrade to Lollipop, but I'd rather that I think than not have WiFi anymore. I'm also considering just getting a new phone, but nothing out there is exciting me that much right now. And it also sounds like you have to spend $20 extra per month now (or does that mean that the price of your plan goes down?).

Thanks,

Elton

EDIT I'm on the Everything 450 plan right now for $80 a month, so I guess if I did get a new phone it'd be $60 + $20 a month for a new phone/plan, not $80 + $20 a month. I think I was wrong there.
    05-21-2015 12:20 PM
    Review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

The first things I would try is rebooting the router, and turning off the Sprint Connections Optimizer.
    05-21-2015 06:47 PM
    Wifi is definitely more picky on the G2 with lollipop than my old S3. I bet it is related to the Connections Optimized. I think I will experiment with that.

Wifi will work fine with a good connection. But some public sites are more problematic than before

I just got the G2 and I updated to lollipop as soon as I got it so I have no comparison except with my s3.
    05-21-2015 08:40 PM
    I have tried turning off connections optimizer but I have one public Wi-Fi spot that connects but with no internet. The same spot connects to my S3 and internet works.
    05-28-2015 03:44 AM
    I tried something that I read and it worked.

I connected to the spot. Remembered the IP address.

Forgot the spot. Put in the IP address as static.

It connects with internet.
    05-28-2015 06:01 AM
    I tried something that I read and it worked.

I connected to the spot. Remembered the IP address.

Forgot the spot. Put in the IP address as static.

It connects with internet.
    To be clear - WiFi hasn't worked at all on my phone since the lollipop upgrade came out (which I still haven't installed). Well, in the beginning it worked off and on but now it never works. It has the animation that it's trying to turn on WiFi constantly - the button to toggle it on/off in System Settings is greyed out. Restarting the phone doesn't change this. So I'm afraid no one's suggestions (thus far) will work since I can't access those settings. It could be that my device itself is defective since it doesn't sound like anyone else has had this problem, I may have to try to make it to a Sprint store and get a replacement unit (unless anyone else has further suggestions).

Thanks,

Elton
    06-01-2015 12:20 PM
    Not had any problems with wifi before or after lollipop...just out of curiousity, what happens if you download a wifi manager from the google play store....does wifi settings become enabled again?
    06-04-2015 12:24 AM
    I did receive the upgrade on my Galaxy Note too and ran the upgrade, WiFi is ok, haven't gone any wrong.
    06-04-2015 12:55 AM
    Not had any problems with wifi before or after lollipop...just out of curiousity, what happens if you download a wifi manager from the google play store....does wifi settings become enabled again?
    I downloaded WiFi Manager and when I opened it at first it showed no networks and the refresh button was greyed out. After rebooting the phone though, WiFi appears to work. It'll be interesting to see if WiFi continues to work *fingers crossed* (before it got to this point, WiFi would work for a while then stop working and reboot would fix it, but until just now even rebooting wouldn't cause it to start working).

Thanks,

Elton

EDIT: Nevermind, shortly thereafter WiFi broke again (i.e. cycles endlessly trying to turn on WiFi).
    06-04-2015 05:49 PM