Has anyone w/ Marquee tried wifi tethering yet?

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I changed the settings and activated the hotspot. Pretty cool. My BIGGEST question is this. Can Sprint track in any way, shape or form, that you are using the hotspot?? Can't they see that you are surfing or downloading stuff to lets say my laptop or tablet that is tethered?? Please let me know. Thank you.

gntbell

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, my last post was directed to timf76

I have been able to tether without rooting the phone by disabling the NAI. Since the tethering is done with the native hotspot app it is in infrastructure mode.

Download and install Launcher Pro from the market. Its free.
Use Launcher Pro or any other Launcher as your default.
Long press an empty space in your home screen.
click shortcut
click activities
scroll down to com.lge.hiddenmenu
expand com.lge.hiddenmenu
click Data Setting in com.lge.hiddenmenu category
click DUN NAI
and under extend modem change it to no

This will allow you to tether without the charge from Sprint.
I found that this setting has to be changed ever time the phone restarts.
Not a big deal since you create a shortcut with launcher pro

timf76

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Its not possible for Sprint to tell because they cant tell if its phone browser data or tethering data if the NAI is disabled. I would not go nuts however and try to keep data under 4gb per month.

lschwem

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I cant get any of these solutions to work and I rooted my marquee and everything! Gotta love my old ladys evo! It works great!

needlove1234

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
:)
I have been able to tether without rooting the phone by disabling the NAI. Since the tethering is done with the native hotspot app it is in infrastructure mode.

click shortcut
click activities
click DUN NAI

It finally works. My first try on my newly arrived marquee, it was not quiet working.... I was able to create the hot spot, but my iPad just waited forever to get the IP address.... then I gave up.... NOT finished my story yet...
Then I decided I want to have a fresh start, maybe resell this phone....so I reset my phone back to factory setting ( setting--> privacy-->Factory data reset).

Next day, i just want to give another try before I put it on ebay. Then magic happened. It worked. My guess is, the Sprint put a lot of road blocks when I activate my phone. When I reset my phone, I removed those blocks. Now I love my phone. I can use to do everything PLUS it can be a hot spot.

Last edited:

goducks3620

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Pulling this from another thread, for folks who have installed the Sprint ROM update:

I did the update and the launcher item to access the LG hidden menu data settings stopped working for me too.

I found, though, that I could create a new launcher item for activities->com.lge.hiddenmenu->LG Hidden Menu(.LGServiceHiddenMenu_Settings) to access the menu one level up and select "Data Settings" and then the DUN NAI setting. ICS then works as it did before the update.

I am rooted, but I don't think it matters in this case. I'm using ADW Launcher EX to create the Activity launcher item.

Reactions: KMfiremedic111

EpixStudiosNH

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

click shortcut
click activities
click DUN NAI

Once I click on Data Settings, it comes up with a little window to rename the icon, and then places the icon on the home screen and that's it. There is no DUN NAI button. Help!!!

Edit: Never mind, found the solution from an earlier post, thank you so much!!!! really didn't feel it was right to have to pay $30 a month for that!!!

Last edited:

keishbby

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded launcher pro and everything worked great untill sprint sent me the upgrade. Now it says it cannot launch the request activity.

slayerk1972

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have Optimus S right now. Pretty much fully satisfied.... but wouldn't mind upgrading to Marquee. Prob out of the question though if I can't get one form or another of wireless tether to work. There are a number of options out there for tethering but I'm not interested if it creates an adhoc hotspot connection type.

There is a free app from the Market that a lot of folks have had success w/ (not requiring root). It is called "Tethering Widget"

Would be interested to know if this or anything else works for anyone.

Just wondering why you would use the wifi tethering app when my Boost Marquee has portable wifi hot spot built in and it works perfectly...

Sent from my LG Marquee with CTMod 3.6 OCd to 1.2 GHz using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR