Photoners! Hoping you can help a brutha out!

1. When I use the volume rocker on the side of the phone to turn the volume down to vibrate (incrementally) it makes a beep noise each time I do that - how do I turn off that beep noise? So annoying in church when its quiet and I want to silence the phone - takes like 8 loud beeps till it silences. haha.

2. When I take a still picture with the camera - it makes a shutter noise - how do I turn off the shutter noise?

3. The little notifications light at the top of the phone turns different colors (blue, green etc). What colors mean what? (notifications-wise?)

4. In the ICS Google Calendar app - when I view the detail on a calendar event - it always shows me a small amount of detail but cuts off the rest and I have to tap the cutoff text detail to view the full detail. Is there a way to turn on viewing full detail by default? (its just annoying as i use google calendar a ton). Also on google calendar - on my old 2.3 android phone - if you needed to change an event time - you could touch and drag and existing google calendar event and move it to a different time (instead of just editing the calendar time manually) - is there a way to do this in the ICS google calendar?

5. When I use the phone with its official Motorola Car Dock - it goes into 'vehicle mode' which I like a lot - it reads the incoming texts out to me so I am not tempted to text while driving etc. How do I respond to those texts with my voice while driving?

Andrew
    opteron7 likes this.
    09-25-2012 10:22 AM
    Photoners! Hoping you can help a brutha out!

1. When I use the volume rocker on the side of the phone to turn the volume down to vibrate (incrementally) it makes a beep noise each time I do that - how do I turn off that beep noise? So annoying in church when its quiet and I want to silence the phone - takes like 8 loud beeps till it silences. haha.

2. When I take a still picture with the camera - it makes a shutter noise - how do I turn off the shutter noise?

3. The little notifications light at the top of the phone turns different colors (blue, green etc). What colors mean what? (notifications-wise?)

4. In the ICS Google Calendar app - when I view the detail on a calendar event - it always shows me a small amount of detail but cuts off the rest and I have to tap the cutoff text detail to view the full detail. Is there a way to turn on viewing full detail by default? (its just annoying as i use google calendar a ton). Also on google calendar - on my old 2.3 android phone - if you needed to change an event time - you could touch and drag and existing google calendar event and move it to a different time (instead of just editing the calendar time manually) - is there a way to do this in the ICS google calendar?

5. When I use the phone with its official Motorola Car Dock - it goes into 'vehicle mode' which I like a lot - it reads the incoming texts out to me so I am not tempted to text while driving etc. How do I respond to those texts with my voice while driving?

Andrew
    1. Hold the rocker, don't just press it.

2. You're sol... Until someone develops the hack to silence it.

3. Using light flow led you can set them.

4.no idea, sorry, I'm still on gbread

5. Is there a microphone button on the on screen keyboard?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    09-26-2012 06:44 AM
    1. on the original Photon, pressing the power button brought up a slide to unlock OR slide fromthe opposing side of the screen to silence. this silenced EVERYTHING. Different unlock screen on the Q? unfortunate if so, this was handy.

2. Enforced Stream Silencer here: https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/ download the APK on your phone and it should stop the shutter sound.

3. ditto Tirith. 4. ditto Tirith
    09-26-2012 02:55 PM
    dalebert,

I tried the Enforced Stream Silencer - and installed it - but it still does the shutter sound. Were you able to get that to work on the Photon Q? If so - what am I doing wrong? I successfully installed it.

Also - I still do not understand what the different colors on the LED that flash at the top of the phone do...

If anyone has any more thoughts on how to solve #2-5 - please reply. I figured out #1 thanks to your advice - thanks!

Andrew
    09-26-2012 07:00 PM
    sorry the stream silencer did not work for you, it works on the original Photon and several other Moto phones. The specific colors on the Q are unknown to me, Tririth was referring to an app that allows control of the LED for specific notifications that YOU assign and control. Stock colors/notifications may differ.
    09-27-2012 11:51 AM
    Red. Low battery.
    Blue. Facebook, bluetooth, text (at least on mine)
    Green. Missed calls, emails, other notifications.

I prefer to set them myself. Case in point - I use chomp sms for texts. Purple is set for my fiance, cyan for everyone else.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-2012 06:49 PM
    Go to the play store and download "camera ics". Then go into the settings and turn the shutter off.

Sent from my XT897 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    09-28-2012 05:38 PM
    That workedd Robbi - thank you!

Ok so I have my solutions/answers to 1-3 now. Anyone else want to take a crack at 4 and 5?
    09-29-2012 01:09 AM