OG Samsung Epic to Moto Photon Q

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife can upgrade her phone on October 1st. She feels that having a physical keyboard is best and really doesn't want to consider a phone without one. Being that the pickings are slim at Sprint and the Moto Photon Q is the only slider phone they have...what are your real opinions (true feelings, not "Motorola fanboy" feelings) about this phone? What are the awesome features...what are the bad features. I want to get an idea if this phone will be "the" phone for my wife over the next two years.

Now keep in mind, I am not a fan of Motorola...I think their products are crap...so I don't want her to have this phone, because I expect that it will will really suck after 6-12 months like their other crappy products. But it's a slider phone...

So that being said, is this phone going to live throughout the upcoming 2 year contract or will it need replacing after a year. Is the hardware built tough enough, are the internal specs "future proof" or at least good enough to make this a good phone for the next two years?

I thank you all for your assistance and your biased / unbiased feedback.

John :)

Cel

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I came from my epic (which I love) running cm9 and so far havent had any reason to look back. Its quick, responsive, runs all my apps great. The stock apps are cool and slick looking. The battery gets me through the day.

I have no complaints at all and am really impressed. I too was skeptical about Moto from past experience, but so far I really like this puppy. Alot.

Sent from my XT897 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I came from my epic (which I love) running cm9 and so far havent had any reason to look back. Its quick, responsive, runs all my apps great. The stock apps are cool and slick looking. The battery gets me through the day.

I have no complaints at all and am really impressed. I too was skeptical about Moto from past experience, but so far I really like this puppy. Alot.

Sent from my XT897 using Android Central Forums

Not sure why so many people are anti moto... They've been in the business since the beginning....

I've had no issues with moto (i use my photon and my sisters d3) and I know by far,, moto has the best radios (I've used htc, lg, samsung...) And their customer service is not bad... I call them regularly when my car dock wires short out ...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

weirdherald

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Are there really any Motorola "fanboys"? ;-)

Please read my review on this forum: "Switched from Photon to Photon Q (review)" for my take on it. I have both the Photon Q and the iPhone 4s (work phone) and I spend more time with the Moto. It has become my go-to phone for most activities. That was not the case with my last phone, Photon 4G. The keyboard is great and so is the screen (bright and clear) and it is fast. I have no complaints about this phone and I can see it doing well for two years or more. Try it. I believe it is worthy of consideration.