Group MMS / Thread Conversations?

Soulglo1980

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Been battling with this for a while, but does anyone know of a way on the Photon Q to hold a Group MMS conversation? I get that I can send a message to a Group, but it looks like it sends mulitple SMS messages to each user.

I have a circle of 5 friends (all with iPhones) who send these Group MMS messages and if I reply it breaks the thread and sends a single message to each one of them.

I tried GroupMe (terrible b/c your friends will need to download app)

And now use Handcent to accomplish this, but it is buggy...disappearing texts or nothing sent.

I've heard GO SMS Pro works okay, but was really hoping for a way to do this from the stock Messaging App.

Any one else having this dilemma?

rnauth1418

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am suffering from the exact issue. Go sms pro does not work. Hancent, seems to work sometimes. If you're on att though, so there is an attempt messaging app that threads messages well. The interface is a bit crapy but it works with iphone and others for group messaging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm also interested in the answer to this... I'm using a razr m and can't group text my iPhone friends anymore and is really frustrating.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
This is fixed in Jelly Bean (for all Android phones)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks! Would never have known without seeing this. GoSMS has been acting up on me lately. Now I can use the stock messaging app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

cabiggs152

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I know when you're rooted you get then option to group chat by MMS and it works great with I phones and its then stock messaging app and I got emojies Haha

Sent from my pure Google experience, The Galaxy Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85