I recently got the Photon Q (An upgrade from the HTC EVO Shift 4g) and I'm generally very happy with it. It does all the things I want to do with it, it has plenty of room for apps, and while there are a couple of minor inconveniences -- the file structure is set up so that almost no web-capable Apps will save to the SD card, they save to the phone's internal storage, which is set up in the filesystem as an SD card, and have to be put where you want them with a file manager, that sort of thing -- I've noticed one thing that's so bizarre I have to ask about it.

Not "How to fix it," although, of course, I'll be happy to hear about that. But my question is simpler: Is anybody else getting this behavior?

Put simply, for about an hour, every night, from about 9:30 to 10:30 PM (Eastern Time,) the phone goes crazy. Specifically, the touch-screen input. It suddenly mis-places command touches by several inches, sees the "Back" or "Home" buttons at Google search buttons -- sometimes it will even produce the software keyboard and start typing nonsense into the box!

Then, later, it just stops being wacky and goes back to normal. I've thought it was some sort of interference from my bedside fan, but that doesn't work, as the fan is on constantly, but the phone only misbehaves for about that hour. I thought it might be a side affect of a ****ty adware app, but I got rid of those, and still no joy.

I've thought "Virus," of course, but, if so, AVG can't find it.

Anybody else seeing this?
    06-22-2013 02:06 PM
    I would like to say your house is haunted and a ghost is playing games with you but... I recommend Avast Antivirus and Lookout, try those too just in case.
    07-13-2013 04:54 PM