Okay, my wife did it first and got the Seidio 3500mAh extended battery for her Nexus4G. This is her first android phone and she was disappointed in the battery and the hassle of keeping it charged. She said to me The phone should be working for us, not the other way around. After seeing how she could go all day without charging or worry, and I was still a charger addict, I grew envious. I ordered one as well. And I love it. I really do.

Yeah, it is a bit bigger and heavier-but it is WORTH it. I actually find the phone easier to hold because the new back is not slippery and you have something to hold on to. I use a side case anyway so carrying the phone is no different. You get used to it really fast.

What changed is how I use my phone. The phone will now REALLY last all day,(honest) and last the way I want. 4g, Google music, video and anything I want with no thought about Should I do this, I better check my battery. I have always had a back-up battery for my EVO, but this is just better in every way; with no real downside for me.

Just wanted to share my experience and how this has really changed my relationship with my phone.
    Steve
    TehMan likes this.
    07-07-2011 06:05 AM
    This post alone will be the reason I order one...Thanks!
    07-07-2011 08:14 AM
    I will probably end up ordering one of the 3500 for the phone, but i might try the 1750 first so i dont have to make the phone bigger then it already is. I personally like the way it feels in my hand without a case or anything on it.
    07-07-2011 12:46 PM
    I still think dual batteries is better. Although, my cheap external charger I got takes longer than it would to charge a extended battery... I always have one fully charged ready to go or one on the charger.

I need to find a better charger so when one goes it doesn't take 6 hours to charge the other. (Although that should be sufficient in normal use.)
    07-07-2011 06:28 PM
    The site says not compatible with the nexus S 4G :0
    07-09-2011 04:58 PM
    The site says not compatible with the nexus S 4G :0
    Get the one specific for the NS4G:

seidioonline.com

Also just one note, you will lose NFC capability if that is important to you.
    07-09-2011 05:18 PM
    Yikes ..

07-09-2011 11:36 PM
    Oh wow, can't believe I missed that! xD. There wouldn't happen to be any cases that can fit over the extended battery would there?
    07-10-2011 09:17 AM
    I will probably end up ordering one of the 3500 for the phone, but i might try the 1750 first so i dont have to make the phone bigger then it already is. I personally like the way it feels in my hand without a case or anything on it.
    I ordered the 1850mAh Andida battery that I found on eBay (do a search for Nexus S 4G battery and it will show up) and I just got it today. I have read on here and XDA differing opinions, but there have been more positive than negative so I thought I'd give it a shot. On the downside, it can act as my backup if I don't wind up getting any add'l juice out of it.

Pros of the Andida vs. the Seidio is basically price. It was $22 vs. $45 and I didn't feel like spending $45 at this point.

I will do some tests and post if I notice a difference.

Also, does anyone know if I should do a battery settings reset when I start using the new battery? Does the Nexus know that a new battery is in and that the profile will be different?

TIA.
    07-12-2011 09:01 AM
    i love the size of the nexus and I get well over 1 days' battery but that is in a non-4g area.
    07-15-2011 03:25 AM
    Any review for those 1750 & 1850 batteries? Just received my nexus today.

ahhhhhh.......going todash.........
    08-03-2011 09:34 PM
    Any review for those 1750 & 1850 batteries? Just received my nexus today.

ahhhhhh.......going todash.........
    I have been waiting to root my Nexus so that I can reset battery stats to do some real tests. As soon as I run some, I will pass on the results.
    08-04-2011 07:43 PM
    I have been waiting to root my Nexus so that I can reset battery stats to do some real tests. As soon as I run some, I will pass on the results.
    Thanks....hoping one of them will do a good enough job......can't seem to find any cases/holster combos that will fit the larger extended batteries...

ahhhhhhhh.............gone todash............
    08-04-2011 08:33 PM
    Double Yikes! Looks like a growth! lol
    Yikes ..

08-28-2011 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD