05-31-2011 07:52 PM
182 1234 ...
tools
    Do they have a nice soft gel case at the sprint stores or best buy?
    05-07-2011 08:47 PM
    I'm still waiting to hear if the incipio feather case is going to work. Never heard of incipio but that case looks nice. Hopefully someone gives it a shot soon and provides some feedback.
    05-07-2011 08:51 PM
    Do they have a nice soft gel case at the sprint stores or best buy?
    Yes they showed me 2 standard gel cases. Just like this one on Amazon
    05-07-2011 09:19 PM
    I'm still waiting to hear if the incipio feather case is going to work. Never heard of incipio but that case looks nice. Hopefully someone gives it a shot soon and provides some feedback.
    I was looking at that feather case too, but it looks like it leaves the top and bottom of the phone exposed. Seems as those two spots would need the most protection if dropped.

*edit - This kid does a nice little review on the Incipio Case on the Nexus>

05-07-2011 09:23 PM
    I'm coming from a Pre- and have this case:

Is there something similar for the Nexus?

I liked this case because I it was slim and I didn't need to install any screen protectors and protected the phone really well (while it was in the case at least)
    05-07-2011 10:28 PM
    Ugh, why doesn't Otterbox make a case for this phone? That's the one thing holding me back from buying it, I love the Defender cases.
    05-07-2011 10:39 PM
    Ugh, why doesn't Otterbox make a case for this phone? That's the one thing holding me back from buying it, I love the Defender cases.
    Only a guess, but I think it's because of the curved screen. They had a defender 'coming out soon' and then did away with it. I guess they couldn't get around the screen.

Just a guess though
    05-07-2011 10:48 PM
    Just tried the CaseMate Pop made for the gsm Nexus s, fits perfect.

This is the 3rd gsm case i've tried, pretty safe to say they all will fit.
    you just made me so so happy now should i get the white or the black?
    05-07-2011 10:49 PM
    Has anyone tried out the Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case? Here's a link to Amazon: Amazon.com: Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case for Samsung/Google Nexus S - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Is it good for being $10?
    05-08-2011 12:05 AM
    Only a guess, my I think it's because of the curved screen. They had a defender 'coming out soon' and then did away with it. I guess they couldn't get around the screen.

Just a guess though
    Im gonna agree. I would assume its easier than the slide out on the epic though. It took them a while but they got a commuter case out. I dont see it being that hars.

If you dont want the port covers or the screen overlay i live the active x on the eoic. Only ptoblem i have are ttr clips breaking. But that wouldnt ve a problem with the nexus.

Ive droppes it several times on the conrete floor. No issues.
    05-08-2011 12:23 AM
    O amd i personally like the rubber that seidio uses over otterbox. And the sofr touch on the plastic.

Otterbox does the trick but they feel and sound like a creeky old pirate ship.
    05-08-2011 12:24 AM
    anyone try the sprint store offering yet?
    05-08-2011 05:35 PM
    anyone try the sprint store offering yet?
    Yep, got the black gel. Pretty good, hardly adds weight or bulk but you really have to press the on/off key on the right pretty hard. Other than that its great.
    05-08-2011 06:10 PM
    I picked up the the gel cover at the Sprint store on Friday. I'm sure it was over priced, but I was buying the phone off-contract, so it didn't really seem like that big of a deal (plus the Sprint employee didn't charge me an activation fee on the phone...)

With the exception of the bump at the base of the phone, it is still slimmer that the Hero that I just upgraded from. Taking it on and off the phone for the past couple days, I feel that the extra bulk that it adds is more than acceptable for the protection that it will provide. I never had one for my Hero, and while it has held up reasonably well it definitely has battle scars. Even with the case it still feels smaller than my friends EVO and all of the uncased Epics that I've seen.
    05-08-2011 06:31 PM
    I'm using the RocketFish, slim gel case from Best But, I don't wanna have a bulky case for this phone.
    05-08-2011 06:40 PM
    Got my case of seidio.com always good cases from them, i'll let you know how it is when i get it
    05-08-2011 08:41 PM
    I'm using the RocketFish, slim gel case from Best But, I don't wanna have a bulky case for this phone.
    I can't seem to find it online. do all bestbuys sell them? Do you happen to know sku or a picture of it?

thanks
    05-08-2011 11:33 PM
    I just bought my Nexus + a case from sprint and the case is really nice! its like a TPU(harder silicone gel) case. Cost 25, honestly i feel ripped off. I might return and pitching more $ for a siedeo
    05-09-2011 03:34 AM
    I just bought my Nexus + a case from sprint and the case is really nice! its like a TPU(harder silicone gel) case. Cost 25, honestly i feel jewed. I might return and pitching more $ for a siedeo
    Yeah, you got ripped off. There are better cases for less on Amazon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    05-09-2011 07:28 AM
    I just bought my Nexus + a case from sprint and the case is really nice! its like a TPU(harder silicone gel) case. Cost 25, honestly i feel jewed. I might return and pitching more $ for a siedeo
    Wife and I both bought a nexus s but those cases were a rip, we payed $5 a piece for ours on ebay and I think i still might have overpaid cause i saw packs of 5 colors going for $10
    05-09-2011 08:49 AM
    I didn't like the one case bestbuy had so I'm going to wait a day or two and see some reviews lets hope I don't drop it in the meantime.
    05-09-2011 09:13 AM
    I can't seem to find it online. do all bestbuys sell them? Do you happen to know sku or a picture of it?

thanks
    Here you go this is the UPC from the package

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    05-09-2011 09:40 AM
    i went with the invisible shield dry install. i dont mind the feel like so many others do so its not biggie for me but the phone doesnt increase in size at all. I might grab a kickstand case at some point but not sure yet. But im loving the size. Two more weeks til i can put it on my account then ill prob be selling my epic. I will miss the game gripper though
    05-09-2011 11:38 AM
    Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Incipio Feather Case? I know the rep said it wasn't made for/wouldn't fit the Nexus S 4G, but I want him to be wrong. My crappy TPU-like case from Amazon is way to tight and is causing issues with the power button (Hard to press the power button, way to easy to press the volume buttons). So I think that 1mm might be enough to give me this issue.
    05-09-2011 11:49 AM
    Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Incipio Feather Case? I know the rep said it wasn't made for/wouldn't fit the Nexus S 4G, but I want him to be wrong. My crappy TPU-like case from Amazon is way to tight and is causing issues with the power button (Hard to press the power button, way to easy to press the volume buttons). So I think that 1mm might be enough to give me this issue.
    I just ordered it, i'll post when i receive it in the mail.

-j-
    dunivan and sherifone like this.
    05-09-2011 01:08 PM
182 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD