05-31-2011 07:52 PM
182 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Hmmmm, it seems that BodyGlove will have a case out in June. I like the case they had for the Palm Pre...and it seems like it's going to be the same material/texture.
    05-12-2011 09:23 AM
    Just got the Incipio Feather case in black. Love it. Fits great, looks good, smooth (instead of sticky) back. Only problem some may have with it is that it doesn't completely cover top and bottom, but I had a similar Case-mate on my Evo and never had a problem with it.
    05-12-2011 11:54 AM
    Just got the Incipio Feather case in black. Love it. Fits great, looks good, smooth (instead of sticky) back. Only problem some may have with it is that it doesn't completely cover top and bottom, but I had a similar Case-mate on my Evo and never had a problem with it.
    Sweet. Hoping for mine to be here by Saturday. Glad to know these are fitting. IMO, the phone looks too nice for a bulky case and, aside from protecting the top/bottom, these look to be perfect.
    05-12-2011 12:05 PM
    Best Buy's 'Rocket Fish' house brand makes a nice TPU black case the the Nexus S 4G. I grabbed one on sat before the phone came out. Seems to fit nicely and protects everything without adding a lot of bulk. Was $19.99, or if you have a hookup and know someone working at BBY, about $2 with the employee discount lol.
    05-12-2011 12:31 PM
    Count me on the sprint holster + case. This thing is ROCK solid. The holster is completely separate. The case and holster have a rubber texture. And the holster is a slim one, so it doesn't stick out like some of them. Makes all the difference. Now just need a phantom skinz and ill be set.
    05-12-2011 01:06 PM
    Pics please, thought it was not meant for the larger Sprint Nexus ? To me this looks like the perfect case for the Nexus-S
    05-12-2011 03:31 PM
    I just received mine, but I noticed that the power button is not centered in the cutout, like the volume button is. How is yours?
    05-12-2011 04:09 PM
    Here's some pics, if it lets me post a url.

Couple questions for Sprint Nexus S owners - Page 2 - xda-developers
    jtexans likes this.
    05-12-2011 05:10 PM
    I got the Amazon one for 6.95 with 6 screen protectors and stylus. I am pretty impressed with it. Very slim and a good grip. The power and volume buttons are a bit harder to push, but for 6.95 it will work for me!
    05-12-2011 09:26 PM
    That's exactly how it looks on my NS4G

Not a deal breaker by any means.
    yibrushn likes this.
    05-12-2011 10:23 PM
    MMMM! Just got my Seidio Active X on. I feel safe again. You all know what the black one looks like from the review. Here's the purple one if anyone is interested. (Got it for the lady).

05-13-2011 12:00 AM
    I have a Seidio Active as well, but I find it just ever so slightly too bulky for my tastes. I am sure for most people its not too big; I'm quite picky is all. Since the Feather from Incipio doesn't fit, and I'm not a fan of Seidio's clip-together cases, I fear I may be out of luck.
    05-13-2011 12:30 AM
    I have a Seidio Active as well, but I find it just ever so slightly too bulky for my tastes. I am sure for most people its not too big; I'm quite picky is all. Since the Feather from Incipio doesn't fit, and I'm not a fan of Seidio's clip-together cases, I fear I may be out of luck.
    Still half the size of my epic so I'm good. I actually debated the convert. I went with this to stay slimmer.
    05-13-2011 01:57 AM
    MMMM! Just got my Seidio Active X on. I feel safe again. You all know what the black one looks like from the review. Here's the purple one if anyone is interested. (Got it for the lady).
    Is the black portion of this case more slippery rather than a sticky rubber. I really like this case from a protection and look standpoint. My concern was that the black portion looked more like a rubber which may cause things to stick to it and make it hard to just slip into your back pocket where mine usually ends up.

Thanks for any thoughts.
    05-13-2011 12:46 PM
    Yup, got the confirmation this morning. It gave a USPS tracking number, which, I've found in the past, is like giving no tracking info at all. It's says they were notified by the shipper, electronically. Usually, it will still show that info after I have the case installed on my phone.
    My Incipio Feather came today from Cell Power. Fits great except the cutout for the power button is off center, does not affect anything at all.

Its basically the same quality, material and thickness as my cheap $3.98 2 piece one from eBay, but has some fancy packaging instead of cheap cellophane bag packaging from China lol. Same exact rubber feel coating.Here. They are both made in China, chances are the factories are next to each other, lol.

At Incipios $25 price, they are raking it in, considering the cheap one is two pieces and its only $4, shipped. And the guy i bought it from had to make some profit and pay shipping.

The only difference is that the Feather is one piece, bottom only, so you don't have the thickness on the sides and face from a top piece (which is quite nice, compared). But then the negative is that the ends of the phone are exposed for scratches and drops.

It is what it is and does what its supposed to do, so if you want it go get it. My only negative criticism is value, and I got it for the $16 before it went up.

Gonna roll with it for a while and see how long before an end gets scratched.

-j-
    spammiches likes this.
    05-13-2011 05:19 PM

Does your cases seal to the screen or does it bow out like mine? I have pic in the review post I made.
    05-13-2011 08:05 PM
    My Incipio Feather came today from Cell Power. Fits great except the cutout for the power button is off center, does not affect anything at all.

Its basically the same quality, material and thickness as my cheap $3.98 2 piece one from eBay, but has some fancy packaging instead of cheap cellophane bag packaging from China lol. Same exact rubber feel coating.Here. They are both made in China, chances are the factories are next to each other, lol.

At Incipios $25 price, they are raking it in, considering the cheap one is two pieces and its only $4, shipped. And the guy i bought it from had to make some profit and pay shipping.

The only difference is that the Feather is one piece, bottom only, so you don't have the thickness on the sides and face from a top piece (which is quite nice, compared). But then the negative is that the ends of the phone are exposed for scratches and drops.

It is what it is and does what its supposed to do, so if you want it go get it. My only negative criticism is value, and I got it for the $16 before it went up.

Gonna roll with it for a while and see how long before an end gets scratched.

-j-
    Sweet deal, still waiting on mine. Can't be much longer...I hope.
    05-14-2011 10:07 AM
    I just picked up the sgpstore.com ultra silke series case for $19.99 from amazon. I received it yesterday and today I unboxed it and it fit perfectly on my nexus s 4g. I also got a ultra oleophobic screen protector included but won't be installing until tomorrow. I will take pictures then.
    05-14-2011 06:22 PM
    As long as your pockets aren't tight it should slip out. My front pockets stick a lot. So does the lint. Lol.

The plastic is soft touch coatings. Almost rubbery. I was hoping the holster from my epic would work since it was too small for the active it was from the surface. However this one with the active is so much smaller it fits too loose. I may back up the holster soon.
    05-14-2011 10:23 PM
    I'm tryin to find case that will fit mt Nexus S from Sprint with the Mugen mah 3300 battery on it??
    05-14-2011 11:08 PM
    I'm tryin to find case that will fit mt Nexus S from Sprint with the Mugen mah 3300 battery on it??
    If Seidio comes out with the extended battery Convert case I'm gonna rock that as my heavy duty set up.

Active X with regular battery for everyday use.

Extended battery with convert case for hiking, biking, and zombies.
    05-14-2011 11:13 PM
    As long as your pockets aren't tight it should slip out. My front pockets stick a lot. So does the lint. Lol.

The plastic is soft touch coatings. Almost rubbery. I was hoping the holster from my epic would work since it was too small for the active it was from the surface. However this one with the active is so much smaller it fits too loose. I may back up the holster soon.
    Were you replying to me? If you were, then you lost me. I think the only part I understood was the part about lint sticking in your front pocket, hahaha.
    05-14-2011 11:43 PM
    No. Sorry for the confusion.

The active x on the nexus fits perfect. As tight as it can be.

I was hoping the holster from my epic surface holster would work with this phone. As I used it with the active on the epic. It.was very tight and barely fit. However this phone is so much thinner that it does not even fit in the surface holster for the epic with the active case on it. The holster is too big.
    05-15-2011 12:16 AM
    I just got a BodyGuardz front protector installed yesterday. Looks great so far but not like the demo handset I was shown. The demo had zero orange peel yet mine has a light but uniform orange peel effect. Still less than 24 hours, it should settle in but I wonder if this will smooth out completely?

FWIW, the awful glare on the screen is much improved with the protector.
    05-15-2011 06:54 AM
    Ok so here are the pictures I promised of the Sgpstore.com case for the nexus s. I also installed the screen protector. I like anti-glare but for being included free, it was great.

Everything lineup perfectly except the power button which is off by a little bit, but not much.
    05-15-2011 12:04 PM
182 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD