What case for your Nexus S 4G?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I think I am set,

I just orderd a active black innocase,
a full body zagg kit for the back,
and a seideo ultimate screen guard.

I just wished the innocase had port covers.

This thing should be covered, literally.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Zagg is WAY overrated! Ghost armor is the way to go. Much smoother, no yellowing effect, and lasts longer IMO.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Chances are it's the very same 3m film. At least in the car coating biz, the difference between brands is the pattern and the level of warranty.

There are very few manufacturers of the actual film and I'd rather have 3m than some knockoff.

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Incipio Feather case ages ago hoping it'd work but then was super disappointed when it was posted that it wouldn't. Well, on a whim, I tried to use it after I got the phone home Sunday - the phone is so insubstantial I feel like it could break any minute or worse, get a big scratch. Anyway, near as I can tell, it fits fine. The only real possible issues is the power button is very close to the edge of the cutout, but that doesn't create a problem. Also it's very snug, but I've since taken it off and put it on a couple times and it gets easier each time,

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Incipio Feather case ages ago hoping it'd work but then was super disappointed when it was posted that it wouldn't. Well, on a whim, I tried to use it after I got the phone home Sunday - the phone is so insubstantial I feel like it could break any minute or worse, get a big scratch. Anyway, near as I can tell, it fits fine. The only real possible issues is the power button is very close to the edge of the cutout, but that doesn't create a problem. Also it's very snug, but I've since taken it off and put it on a couple times and it gets easier each time,

So your basically confirming the original Incipio Feather Case for Nexus S is fitting no problems on the Sprint Nexus S?

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Made my day, lol.

dunivan

Feb 11, 2011
www.bryantdunivan.com

can you post pictures?

Thanks!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So i decided on this case and screen protector

I searched and researched and watched videos etc... I was looking for a slim hard case and a screen protector that was like Zagg's Invisible Shield but without the orange peeling... anyways here's what I decided to go with.:)
1. Based on price and its not gel like, the screen protectors I will simply throw away a long with the Stylus.

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S "S" CURVE GEL CASE - BLACK, WITH 6 SCREEN PROTECTORS & 1 STYLUS: Electronics

2. I had Skinomy on my Nexus one and realized that it make the screen less readable and fuzzy, I also had the Zagg on my old iPhone and noticed some orange-ish on the film...not good. SO based on reviews and price i gave this a shot... both are in the mail on the way!

Phantom Skinz |Samsung Nexus S, cell phone skins, screen protectors, cases, covers, shields, full body protection

Went with screen only $9 since I have a case for the back.:cool:

What did you guys go with? Or what do you think?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Chances are it's the very same 3m film. At least in the car coating biz, the difference between brands is the pattern and the level of warranty.

There are very few manufacturers of the actual film and I'd rather have 3m than some knockoff.

This isn't a car. And there is a huge difference. I've used both for years. And Ghost Armor is defiantly not a knock off. It's a better quality for the reason's I've listed before.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a car. And there is a huge difference. I've used both for years. And Ghost Armor is defiantly not a knock off. It's a better quality for the reason's I've listed before.

Why on earth would the fact that it's not a car or that -you've- used it invalidate my statements? Both ZAGG and Ghost Armor claim they use the same film as military helicopter blades (which is what they put on cars). It all eventually gets old. It all eventually needs to be replaced.

Do they state what kind of film they use? That would settle this.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Why on earth would the fact that it's not a car or that -you've- used it invalidate my statements? Both ZAGG and Ghost Armor claim they use the same film as military helicopter blades (which is what they put on cars). It all eventually gets old. It all eventually needs to be replaced.

Do they state what kind of film they use? That would settle this.

The film might be the same but the adhievesive is probably different and make the film react in a different way. But I'm telling you from personal experience that Zagg's have a yellowing and an "Orange Peel" look to them. The texture is different between the two. Ghost armor has a much smoother finish to it.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The film might be the same but the adhievesive is probably different and make the film react in a different way. But I'm telling you from personal experience that Zagg's have a yellowing and an "Orange Peel" look to them. The texture is different between the two. Ghost armor has a much smoother finish to it.

Fair enough, that was my guess as well (the adhesive).

I always thought the yellowing in this kind of application was due to dirt from skin oils over time rather than the traditional cause of yellowing and cracking for this kind of stuff - extended exposure to sunlight.

Maybe I'll give GA a go this time.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Any other successes with Incipio Feather Case fit? This looks perfect, no bulk, no scratches but want to be sure before I order.
There are some inexpensive ones on Ebay, various colors, Best Offers including shipping, all under $25

nartecurb

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I saw this while surfing around and saw on daydeal.com that they had the feather incipio case for nexus s/4g for sale and it states that it fits both. I ordered it and will update if it works.

Incipio Feather Cover for Samsung Nexus S / Nexus S 4G, Skippy Green HT-165 - Samsung Nexus S 4G Protector Cases, Samsung SPH-D720

Incipio Feather Cover for Samsung Nexus S / Nexus S 4G, Skippy Green
Brand/model: Incipio HT-165

Measuring less than 1mm in thickness, Feather for Samsung Nexus S is a slim, form-fitting case that offers low-profile protection. Don't like feeling the added bulk of a traditional case? Go lightweight and sexy with the Feather.

The Feather provides full coverage, low-profile protection for your Samsung Nexus S while leaving all necessary ports exposed for easy access to essential functions. There is no need to remove the case when charging or syncing to your computer.

Keep your Samsung Nexus S covered while snapping photos. With a custom-cut opening for the camera, you'll never worry about the Feather interfering with your camera functionality.

Ultra light, ultra strong polymer shell.
Soft-touch matte finish.
Less than 1mm thin.
Light as a feather, form-fitting durable protection.
Easy access to controls, touch-screen and inputs.

Compatible with:

Samsung Nexus S GT-i9020
Samsung Nexus S 4G SPH-D720

Warranty information for Incipio Feather Cover for Samsung Nexus S / Nexus S 4G, Skippy Green:
Warranty for this product is covered by the manufacturer. Service, repair or replacement of this product should be directed to the manufacturer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos