Car mount - cheap and awesome

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got this Kensington car mount in the mail today and it rocks:
Amazon.com: Kensington K39256US Quick-Release Car Mount for iPhone and iPod touch--Compatible with iPhone 4 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

The clips that hold the device should allow for any number of cases, and the whole assembly feels really solid.

Includes both windshield and vent mounts, which is nice.

For the price, i'm pretty happy.

Thanks for the tip, I was hoping to find a landscape one when I found out the google nav did landscape!

jp22382

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Works great, has a good clicking mechanism to switch from portrait to landscape.

Phone feels very secure in the clips.

Will be pairing it with a Jabra Clipper since I already have a 3.5mm hook up in the car, should work out well.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered one for myself--can't wait to get it!

Does anyone know if the phone will fit if there's a thin case (i.e. TPU case) on the phone?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I still use the one I got about 3-4 years ago from best buy. Had it foe the iPhone 8gb 2g. Lol.

It mounts in the air vent, sticky to dash, it screws. It was very cheap. I want a new one though. It works as it did though.

Been through an iPhone. 2 blackberries. An epic. And now a nexus.

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
anybody know if this would work with the EVO? my wife has the nexus and I'm hoping we can share the same car mount.
P.S. it seems there's a $10 rebate on this one right now so it's only .98 till 5/21

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is arriving today I'll post back if it works with both the EVO and the NS4G for those that are in the manufacturally divided households :)

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Does it mark or scratch the Nexus? I'm just worried it will leave permanent marks from constantly putting it in and taking it out.......

Thanks for the info!

jp22382

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Does it mark or scratch the Nexus? I'm just worried it will leave permanent marks from constantly putting it in and taking it out.......

Thanks for the info!

Not that I've noticed. I don't have a case on my phone and there aren't any marks on the sides whatsoever.

Reactions: Tyndall

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I just got this mount today... I'll give my thoughts on this.

First off, the standard shipping was okay. Wasn't the fastest shipping I ever had. Ordered on 6/14 and got it on 6/20.

Out of the box, you get a vent mount, a cradle for the device, and a suction mount to the windshield. The vent mount is a little odd to put in the vent but once you get it in, its alright. Doesn't seem very stable so I use the suction mount.

The suction mount seems to shake a lot when going over rough roads but its not a big deal. The arm of the mount is flexible but stays in the position you move it at. Its pretty easy to mount the suction cup to the windshield. It stays on pretty tight so I don't think I will have to worry about that.

I never bought a car mount for a device so I can't really compare it to anything else. This seems to be compatible with many other devices that are similar sizes to the Nexus S. So its a good buy if your thinking about using GPS navigation on future devices you might buy,

Overall for the price, I recommend this cradle for people who are looking for a cheap car mount.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital