How many nude out there?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Case or no Case?

I recently purchased a Rearth Ringke case for my Nexus and I like it. I also purchased a Ringbo screen protector for it.

The combo is working out pretty good for me. The only slight issue that I have with the case is the cut out for the USB cable is kind of narrow. The OEM Samsung USB cable fits perfect, but the extra micro USB cables I had from monoprice.com are a bit too thick at the connector. They still plug in, but kind of at an angle which I fear is going to put stress on the micro USB port.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
if you're ever looking for a change in cases or whatever, the Incipio Feather would "solve" the problem with the monoprice cables because the bottom area of the case is open. You're sacrificing a little drop protection though.

GetDynamicImage.aspx

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Meh, it's still a glass screen so it's difficult to scratch. Gorilla Glass helps with breakage more than anything in my opinion.

Definitely but HP/Palm is STILL doing the "it's coming" move with everything. That gets real old.

I'm loving mine for sure.

Actually, I already got a scratch from a credit card! :(

Agree on HP, no idea why they're not kicking butt with such a great OS.

Label facing right

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

I have the Sedio Active X case and while I liked it, I just couldnt stand when I had it in my pocket the soft rubber part of the case stuck to it like there was no tomorrow. So I go caseless now.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

I've got the case with a belt clip that I got from the Sprint store. It's actually the exact same case Best Buy has for $50.

It's protected my phone from accidentally being flung across the room because the USB cable got caught on my chair's wheel.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Personally, I don't like using cases on my phone since typically add too much bulk. However, the back of the Nexus S is so slick I'm worried about dropping the thing so I purchased a $3.99 rubber/silicone case for my phone. It works ok, but man it adds a lot of bulk all around including the edges!

As such, I purchased an Incipio Feather case for my Nexus S and to me it seems to be a good compromise between using a case and not adding too much bulk. It may not be as protective as the previous cheapo rubber case, but it custom fits my Nexus S really tight and is probably as thin as it gets for a case.

What's nice, is that it is made of a rather hard polymer but still feels some what rubbery (and thus, will probably prevent my Nexus S from slipping out of my hands). I'd definitely recommend getting this case if you're worried about keeping your phone as thin as possible.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I wasn't going to use anything but without gorilla glass, I need something to protect the screen. I'll probably use phantom skinz or something similar.
Here's some intel on that:

1. Used Skinomi and it was OK, but the surface felt "sticky" when swiping and the visibility wasn't great. Plus, I didn't apply it well and had to take it off due to some bubbling (FWIW, I blame the bad application on me, not the Skinomi)

2. Tried Ghost Armor next and installed it two days ago. So far it's MUCH better than Skinomi. Looks like glass, feels like glass, not sticky feeling when swiping, very clear, application was better, etc. Plus they give you two screen protectors, which is a nice touch. Thumbs up. Only issue is that it's not 100% fitting. It's a bit big (or I stretched it) so it hits the bezel, but my case covers that.

I've used Zagg, Best Skins Ever, and Phantom in the past on other devices. I have to say that GA is the best I've seen so far.

xblitz44x

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

I have it on right now. The case is surprisingly nice. It provides a good grip and doesn't look cheap. I wasn't planning on using the screen protectors but I threw one on and it's not bad. It does pick up fingerprints though.

Overall, the case itself is a steal for $11 shipped.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the SGP Ultra Silke case and I really like it. Much thinner than the huge hard Sprint one I got in-store.