Pro Clip Mount and Holder (Hyundai Sonata 2011)

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks;

I understand this post is of limited usefulness to Nexus S owners per se, but thought I would just post about it in case anyone has run into the same problem I did, specifically....vent mounts for the Hyundai are impossible to use due to their severely angled shape.

I have been looking around for a suitable car holder as I don't get much usability propping the phone up in a dash well on the center console. I looked at Pro Clip's offerings and went ahead and ordered, and I have to say I am not disappointed.

Pros: A custom look that is unobtrusive, professional and very usable.

Cons: Price, and perhaps placement?

There are two set-ups for my particular car, up to the left of the driver mounted on the "A" pillar at the windshield and the one I ultimately chose, on the center console, midway up. I chose this placement for its proximity to the power supply receptacle.

Here's the contents....you need to purchase a mount (pictured to the right), which is affixed to the dashboard\center console and a holder (pictured to the left) which is attached to the mount, The mount is a toolless affair, installing onto the existing plastic center console, held in place by wedging it between where the console attaches to the car:

NH1.jpg

Here's the mount attached to the console, and the holder attached to the mount:

NH2.jpg

Here's the finished holder attached to the mount:

NH3.jpg

Here's a side view of the finished mount\holder with the Nexus S, perfect fit:

NH4.jpg

And a final shot of what it looks like on the dash/console. I like it.....

NH5.jpg

Again, the entire setup cost almost $60 which sounds like a lot and it is, but my possibilities were very limited by the configuration of the vents in the car. I did NOT want a windshield or friction mount.

It looks very nice and if I switch to a different phone down the road I can still use the mount and get a different holder (though I did buy the ADJUSTABLE holder because my wife has a Pixi and I wanted her to be able to use the holder as well. The bottom of the phone is completely accessible so I can always plug in the charger if needed.

I'd say my first experience with the Pro Clip has been a good one.

Jack

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
This is a very good option for people who live in states where they don't allow windshield mounted devices... Can you tell me why you don't want a windshield mount?

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a very good option for people who live in states where they don't allow windshield mounted devices... Can you tell me why you don't want a windshield mount?

I feel windshield mounts are distracting and unattractive. They also obscure my sightlines.

Personal preference, I guess. Felt the same way about my dedicated GPS.

infernosoft

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the links to your pictures are dead. I'm considering buying a mount and was wondering if you could restore those picture links?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995