lol I need help...bricked?

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I've rooted all my phone and never got stuck until now...i followed this
How to Root Nexus S!

did step 7
fastboot flash boot rootboot.img

and now when the phone boots it's stuck on the "Google" screen with an unlocked lock at the bottom...I didn't put another ROM zip on my phone prior to doing this so when in ClockWork i can't just flash another ROM...how do i fix this or how can i mount my phone crom clockwork to my computer so i can put a zip on the phone?

bamhm182

May 19, 2011
Visit site
For future reference, you can mount from inside of the ClockWork recovery by going to mounts and storage > mount /sdcard. From here you can copy a ROM to your device, and then go to install zip from sdcard to install the ROM.

I used this tutorial yesterday and it worked GREAT. I also used it when I first got my phone, but I was afraid I would break something, so I went back to stock until just yesterday. :p

[NS4G] Stock ROMs | How To Root/Unroot | OTA Files & Images - xda-developers

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
For future reference, you can mount from inside of the ClockWork recovery by going to mounts and storage > mount /sdcard. From here you can copy a ROM to your device, and then go to install zip from sdcard to install the ROM.

no...it doesn't work...I tried to do that when I was having the problem and it wouldn't mount...I had to use a cmd prompt on my computer to push a new boot.img from my computer

bamhm182

May 19, 2011
Visit site
no...it doesn't work...I tried to do that when I was having the problem and it wouldn't mount...I had to use a cmd prompt on my computer to push a new boot.img from my computer
Huh, that's strange. It worked perfectly fine for me right after I flashed it...

In case anyone else happens upon this thread and can't figure it out, what were the steps you used?

Move boot.img to Android SDK/tools/<HERE>
Open Terminal/Command Prompt
Enter "fastboot flash recovery boot.img"

Something like that, right?

Reactions: TehMan

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Huh, that's strange. It worked perfectly fine for me right after I flashed it...

In case anyone else happens upon this thread and can't figure it out, what were the steps you used?

Move boot.img to Android SDK/tools/<HERE>
Open Terminal/Command Prompt
Enter "fastboot flash recovery boot.img"

Something like that, right?

yep, that's exactly right :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power