I've rooted all my phone and never got stuck until now...i followed this
    How to Root Nexus S!

did step 7
    fastboot flash boot rootboot.img

and now when the phone boots it's stuck on the "Google" screen with an unlocked lock at the bottom...I didn't put another ROM zip on my phone prior to doing this so when in ClockWork i can't just flash another ROM...how do i fix this or how can i mount my phone crom clockwork to my computer so i can put a zip on the phone?
    07-08-2011 11:48 AM
    lol i'm dumb....I fixed it by flashing a new boot.img
    07-08-2011 12:50 PM
    For future reference, you can mount from inside of the ClockWork recovery by going to mounts and storage > mount /sdcard. From here you can copy a ROM to your device, and then go to install zip from sdcard to install the ROM.

I used this tutorial yesterday and it worked GREAT. I also used it when I first got my phone, but I was afraid I would break something, so I went back to stock until just yesterday. :P

[NS4G] Stock ROMs | How To Root/Unroot | OTA Files & Images - xda-developers
    07-11-2011 02:37 AM
    For future reference, you can mount from inside of the ClockWork recovery by going to mounts and storage > mount /sdcard. From here you can copy a ROM to your device, and then go to install zip from sdcard to install the ROM.
    no...it doesn't work...I tried to do that when I was having the problem and it wouldn't mount...I had to use a cmd prompt on my computer to push a new boot.img from my computer
    07-11-2011 08:37 AM
    no...it doesn't work...I tried to do that when I was having the problem and it wouldn't mount...I had to use a cmd prompt on my computer to push a new boot.img from my computer
    Huh, that's strange. It worked perfectly fine for me right after I flashed it...

In case anyone else happens upon this thread and can't figure it out, what were the steps you used?

Move boot.img to Android SDK/tools/<HERE>
    Open Terminal/Command Prompt
    Enter "fastboot flash recovery boot.img"

Something like that, right?
    TehMan likes this.
    07-11-2011 08:58 AM
    Huh, that's strange. It worked perfectly fine for me right after I flashed it...

In case anyone else happens upon this thread and can't figure it out, what were the steps you used?

Move boot.img to Android SDK/tools/<HERE>
    Open Terminal/Command Prompt
    Enter "fastboot flash recovery boot.img"

Something like that, right?
    yep, that's exactly right
    07-11-2011 09:40 AM
    yep, that's exactly right
    IT works it just takes ridiculously long to mount. wait 2-3 minutes and it WILL mount.
    07-11-2011 10:57 AM
    why do you keep laughing out loud?
    07-20-2011 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD