BLN Back Lights Notification Questions

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
There are 2 things I miss on this phone - notification lights and a zoom camera. So
I have downloaded this app (free), am unlocked, rooted, stock rom, with Net's kernel that is BLN supported to fix the first.

I cannot get this to work, the test doesn't even work.

When I read his links in xda, it doesn't show this phone supported. I have looked all over and can't figure it out.

So does anyone have this working? If so, any other tweaks?? I am using free, have zero problems buying,
but hate to waste the $$ if it doesn't work (and I doubt I can decide and get refund in 15 minutes).

If it doesn't work, I'm going back to stock to wait for updates. Thanks and I will push the Thanks button

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you using free or Pro? Any changes in settings? All I really want is missed calls and sms texts, not going to use email (I don't push to phone - too much spam would drive me crazy and deplete my battery!!)

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
You can use Vignette for zoom camera (it's silly digital doom, but that's all you had elsewhere anyway). It also adds a few other options that are nice. There are one or two other alternate nice camera apps.

As for BLN, I don't use that but I do use NoLED for visual notifications. It doesn't take any noticeable amount of battery (I'd imagine if ignored for days it would), and is actually quite cool looking when going off. Check it out!

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You can use Vignette for zoom camera (it's silly digital doom, but that's all you had elsewhere anyway). It also adds a few other options that are nice. There are one or two other alternate nice camera apps.

As for BLN, I don't use that but I do use NoLED for visual notifications. It doesn't take any noticeable amount of battery (I'd imagine if ignored for days it would), and is actually quite cool looking when going off. Check it out!

I tried NoLED, but the soft buttons (home, back, etc) stayed on when a notification was active and that drove me insane. Its a bug in Samsung's button drivers:

Q: I'm using the Nexus S. The capacitive buttons stay on when NoLED is displaying a notification, any fix?

A: This is a known bug in the Nexus S. Until Google releases a patch to fix this error, there isn't much I can do to help.
More info on this particular bug can be found at: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=13299

Other than that I loved it.

Last edited:

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried NoLED, but the soft buttons (home, back, etc) stayed on when a notification was active and that drove me insane. Its a bug in Samsung's button drivers:

Q: I'm using the Nexus S. The capacitive buttons stay on when NoLED is displaying a notification, any fix?

A: This is a known bug in the Nexus S. Until Google releases a patch to fix this error, there isn't much I can do to help.
More info on this particular bug can be found at: Issue 13299 - android - buttonBrightness is ignored on nexus S (DeskClock night mode is broken on crespo) - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Other than that I loved it.
Has anyone else tried this and got it running?

I'm running Matrix1x #3, bln enabled. I bought the Pro. Nothing works, have checked and rechecked settings.

And to above suggestions, actually love Noled, but it sucked my battery, so will not use. Bln allegedly doesn't, but I guess it really doesn't when it doesn't blink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derwin

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I wish noLED arranged its icons in a line going across the bottom or top corners instead of a seemingly random placement in the center of the display.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
So frustrating, I have enabled and blinking checked and nothing is working. Have booted and rebooted, loaded and reloaded. . . So if anyone sees any extra settings, let me know. I cannot figure out anything that conflicts, means stops it.

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Im using net's newest kernel and I have no problems with BLN whatsoever, works great! Along with the kernel I'm running Decks rom 1.3b.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1