08-01-2011 02:11 PM
49 12
tools
    it wont wipe out your data, but without wiping it may or may not boot.

as for teh radio, flash it in cwm
    I have a tendancy to do stupid things...I think I'm gonna give it a shot...

Update: that was a bad idea...
    07-27-2011 05:41 PM
    just wiping in recovery will let it boot
    07-27-2011 06:10 PM
    I messed it up sufficiently to need to take it to Sprint. All the normal unbricking methods didn't seem to work.
    07-28-2011 09:41 AM
    I messed it up sufficiently to need to take it to Sprint. All the normal unbricking methods didn't seem to work.
    Anticitizen,
    Read in these forums, or go to XDA. You can always use the Samsung Simple DL D720 to completely unbrick just about anything. Or go to Samsung site, download, and run.

This puts phone back to factory. Then start forward.

I know my local stores won't work on anything that has been unlocked or rooted. So I learned this the hard way, I had erased the entire OS trying to unlock. They actually called it an expensive brick 2 days after I bought it, so now I know I can fix anything with this program regardless of what I do to my phone.

And saving $8 a month (x 2 phones) while I'm at it.
    07-28-2011 12:20 PM
    I just flashed the rom to the latest build. I also flashed the radio update. The performance and signal reception are better than before. Everything is working fine so far except the wifi. When I clicked the wifi button, it said error. What should I do to fix that problem? I feel relieved that everything is working fine, because I am a noob.
    07-28-2011 12:37 PM
    Anticitizen,
    Read in these forums, or go to XDA. You can always use the Samsung Simple DL D720 to completely unbrick just about anything. Or go to Samsung site, download, and run.

This puts phone back to factory. Then start forward.

I know my local stores won't work on anything that has been unlocked or rooted. So I learned this the hard way, I had erased the entire OS trying to unlock. They actually called it an expensive brick 2 days after I bought it, so now I know I can fix anything with this program regardless of what I do to my phone.

And saving $8 a month (x 2 phones) while I'm at it.
    I actually did try that as well as Odin. None of them could recognize my device. I think it was stuck in recovery mode...I could select "Reboot bootloader, reboot, recovery, and shut down", but all of those options lead right back to the recovery mode options. After a few battery pulls and some frantic googling, I gave up and took it to my local Sprint store. They were pretty cool about it and had the tech reset it. I had to reactivate my phone once I got it back, but everything is back to normal now.

On a side note, I'm not trying to blame your ROM, I'm just posting this here as a cautionary tale .
    07-28-2011 02:56 PM
    you got stuck in fastboot mode, prolly due to deleteing the bootkernel and recovery kernel. you could hav ejust use teh fastboot commands to return it back to stock.

as a word of advice tho, sprint has changed their policy, if youve messed up the software etc they just restore the phone using the flashers in an effort to stop switching out phones and sending back to oems costing them money.

(i know it wasnt this rom )
    07-28-2011 04:33 PM
    I updated to GRJ90 with netarchy 1.3.7 and everything works fine except wifi hotspot and tethering. When I try to use either of those I drop 3G. Restored to GRJ22 and hotspot and tethering work again. Any ideas?
    07-28-2011 10:07 PM
    I updated to GRJ90 with netarchy 1.3.7 and everything works fine except wifi hotspot and tethering. When I try to use either of those I drop 3G. Restored to GRJ22 and hotspot and tethering work again. Any ideas?
    that's part of the new update. You have to use an app to tether. Just search "tether"in the market there's plenty of options

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 10:25 PM
    that's part of the new update. You have to use an app to tether. Just search "tether"in the market there's plenty of options

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    That seems like an odd way of restricting wifi hotspot and tethering. I'm used to then saying you need to set it up with your carrier.
    07-29-2011 01:02 AM
    I fixed the wifi problem. I flashed the matrix1x kernel and wifi works beautifully. There are other problems I found beside this. When I enable usb tethering, it connects to my pc (running windows 7) and it said no internet access. So any fix for that? Wifi tethering works fine.
    07-29-2011 02:58 PM
    I fixed the wifi problem. I flashed the matrix1x kernel and wifi works beautifully. There are other problems I found beside this. When I enable usb tethering, it connects to my pc (running windows 7) and it said no internet access. So any fix for that? Wifi tethering works fine.
    I also have a wifi issue after flashing the radio and GRJ90 from the OP...everything seems to be working fine except when I try to enable wifi it says "error". Should I be flashing the kernel as well? Google and Android Central searches for matrix1x aren't turning up much.

Thanks!

Edit: Think I found it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1137373

I'll report back after I give it a try later tonight.
    07-30-2011 07:52 AM
    wifi error is pretty common, are you using a custom kernel? i knwo several users reported issues with matr1x 4.5, and upgrade to 5.0 and worked fine
    Where can i get the matr1x5.0 kernel?
    Thanks

Edit- Never mind found it over at xda
    07-30-2011 11:23 AM
    I found more problems after I update the rom, radio, and kernel (for wifi issue). I turned on wifi portable hotspot with 3g, it has no data when I connected it to my pc. Second thing, I use wireless tether with 4g and it has no data either when I am connected to my pc. Any ideas? Fix? When I connected usb tether to my pc, the tethering works fine with the wifi on. Not the 3g. Not even 4g. Hit me up with any fixes. Thanks.
    07-30-2011 02:01 PM
    the update was to kill tethering, use netarchy's 1.3.9 kernel and youll get it back
    07-30-2011 07:42 PM
    Just tried 1.3.9, same problem. Any ideas?
    07-30-2011 09:35 PM
    Just tried 1.3.9, same problem. Any ideas?
    You can't tether 3G? or 4G?
    07-30-2011 10:15 PM
    Nope. As soon as I turn on hotspots or tether I end up with the same number of bars but no 3g or 4g. If I had 2 bars 3g I end up with only 2 bars, no 3g or even 1x, just 2 bars.
    07-30-2011 11:47 PM
    I just flashed to netarchy 1.3.9 kernel. Same issues, however my brother has htc evo 3d and I asked him for help. He shows me this link (http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...-evo-3d-2.html). Find and download the wifi tethering apk link in the post. Then install it on your Nexus S 4g. 3g and 4g data tethering works. Looks like that specific wifi tethering program works. Not the one from android market. Happy Surfing...
    07-31-2011 01:04 PM
    could you tell me how to put the root in my phone please, I am already on 2.3.5, and i cant find any instructions on how to install this into my phone.
    07-31-2011 10:51 PM

Shabbypenguin and the Android Creative Syndicate
    present to you

GRJ90

Alrigth guys here is teh moment you have been waiting for, the newest update in a nice easy cwm flashable zip pre-rooted, deodexed, and with busybox

KE5 radio update 07/25/11
    http://tinyurl.com/42wcryb

i ran into an issue with a few of teh apps

Google earth
    Google Voice
    Thinkfree
    SprintMenu.apk
    Voice search and Maps

for most of them i just copied over from grj22 til i can fix it, for otheres like google voice and earth just get em in the market please

Credits:
    cdw9800 for getting us teh update
    snandlal for the modem
    ACS for being an awesome team of likeminded people and devs
    Dreamsforgotten for letting me get this one

If you like what i do then feel free to support my android habit (its worse then crack )

could you tell me how to put the root in my phone please, I am already on 2.3.5, and i cant find any instructions on how to install this into my phone.
    07-31-2011 10:53 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. . . well more so that I am rooted now and just got the notification about the update and am really wondering what to do.
    I'm guessing that updating will take me back to being unrooted, And if so, how do I get back to rooted???
    Thanks in advance!
    08-01-2011 03:23 AM
    if you did the update and are unrooted use teh one click, if your on stock 2.3.4 and you have cwm you can just flash this
    08-01-2011 12:15 PM
    Can you just flash the radio update without the rest of the update as asked in the first post,
    this was never clearly answered.
    I'm running cm7 with Matrix 5.5 kernel. Would any of this cause any issues or what I'm going
    for, the improvement in connections?
    08-01-2011 02:11 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD