[Q] Help please! Exclamation Point!

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I did the One-click-Root and then got the update OTA and let it install, but now I'm on the exclamation point/android guy screen and can't do anything!

What do I do?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I did the update and lost Clockwork Mod. I re-downloaded ROM Manager and it won't flash Clockwork for me, please help.

Rom manager has to be able to get super user permission. You have to root again to be able to flash the recovery with Rom manager.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
just run the new one click 2.0 :) it will get ya up and runnign again

Never rooted before and am considering trying one click. Are there any negative side effects of using this process? Any problems at all? If not, do you happen to have a link to the new one click 2.0? Sorry for all the noob questions and concerns.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Never rooted before and am considering trying one click. Are there any negative side effects of using this process? Any problems at all? If not, do you happen to have a link to the new one click 2.0? Sorry for all the noob questions and concerns.
All the information and pros and cons are out there.

The original problem in this thread was warned about time and time again throughout the various threads regarding the update. If people are going to jump into modding, they should be a bit more thorough in their research before clicking OK.

My opinion, of course.

Can I ask why you even want to root if you don't already have an idea of the negatives and positives?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
All the information and pros and cons are out there.

The original problem in this thread was warned about time and time again throughout the various threads regarding the update. If people are going to jump into modding, they should be a bit more thorough in their research before clicking OK.

My opinion, of course.

Can I ask why you even want to root if you don't already have an idea of the negatives and positives?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/
My question was not so much about the pros and cons of rooting, but rather the pros and cons of using the one-click method. Now worries, among other reasons, I am considering rooting because I feel that it will allow me to more fully use my phone. One of the advantages of the Nexus is that it is (supposedly, lol) easy to root and I would like to learn.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
My question was not so much about the pros and cons of rooting, but rather the pros and cons of using the one-click method. Now worries, among other reasons, I am considering rooting because I feel that it will allow me to more fully use my phone. One of the advantages of the Nexus is that it is (supposedly, lol) easy to root and I would like to learn.
The only disadvantage to the One Click method is not learning how to do it the long way by yourself.

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Manually Installed 2.3.5 on One Click Root and want to Re-Root

Ok, so I manually installed the 2.3.5 update on my One Click rooted unit using CWM.

Now I've lost root, and want to get it back without having to reunlock (and losing all my data) as the bootloader is already unlocked.

I'm not really interested in installed the SDK, is there a way to go through the one click mod without re-unlocking the bootloader? I just want it to flash CWM so I can re-add Superuser and be rooted again.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Manually Installed 2.3.5 on One Click Root and want to Re-Roo

Hey man, how's it going?

You having a good day?

You just gonna keep making new threads or are you going to listen to what people have been telling you on this and other boards? I mean, the dude who created the One Click Root method answered you in another thread.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Threads merged. Prior to posting again a quick once-over of the forums rules might be a good idea. One that might stand out as applicable to this situation would be:

• Cross Posting - Do not post your question or topic in multiple forums or threads.

Thanks.

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks chud. I know it annoys you that I asked the same question, but no one really answered the question. They say reflash CWM, run One Click. One Click fastboot unlocks and wipes the phone, and I haven't used the SDK before to know how to "reflash."

So when I asked "How do I reflash," and people answer "reflash," it doesn't help me as much as you might think. I know this sounds dumb to you, but I doubt I'm the only one out there having difficulty with this and simply continually denying an update indefinitely is not a great solution.

Having said that, I do appreciate the help that has been offered by everyone else, and after perusing the run.bat in the One Click I think I'm figuring out what's going on and will try to "reflash CWM" :p

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Success! I think.... :)

If anyone else is feeling a little intimidated, you can PM me and I'll try to explain what I did.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Manually installing the update is pretty much flashing so if you did that then you know how to flash something. It's just another word for install.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey