Help Desperately Needed - Need to reroot and USB doesn't work

TBoarder

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I put myself in a bad situation here...

I spent all day trying to figure out how to root my 5 week old Nexus as it's tethering ability is my only access to the web.

So - step one, I did the one-click method, as the instructions I was finding for "the long way" were written by people who know what they're doing FOR people who know what they're doing.

Once that was accomplished, I downloaded Rom Manager. Unfortunately Rom Manager didn't seem to want to work with One-Click's style of rooting, locking me on the boot screen every time I tried using it.

So, I finally worked out how to root my phone the "normal" way and Rom Manager was working.

Here's where my mistake came in... I was one part frustrated from how long it took me to figure it all out, one part elated that I finally DID figure it out, so I immediately put Cyanogenmod on my phone... without backing it up. I played with it a bit, but realized my mistake, so downloaded the 2.3.3 Stock Rom.

That totally futzed things up for me... First, my USB connection isn't working anymore. The USB cable still powers my phone, and the USB ports on my PC still work, but I can't get a phone to pc connection through USB anymore.

Second, my cell radio isn't working anymore, I can only get anything over wifi. The OTA 2.3.4 update was pushed and installed to me that way (The current version my phone is on now...)

Third, apparently my phone was no longer rooted, so Rom Manager wouldn't work anymore for me. When I go to the bootloader menu and try to Recover, it brings me to an android with a triangle and exclamation point symbol.

Once there, some trial and error brought up a menu that I'd hoped would have let me reroot or reinstall a working Rom, but every one I try gives me a Signature Verification error and aborts the install...

So, I'm stuck... Without my USB connection working, I can reroot my phone, and without rerooting, I can't get a working ROM back in place. If ANYBODY can help me with this, it will be greatly appreciated. If any additional information is needed, I'll do my best to give it. Thank you...

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
you no longer have cwm, if your usb is truly broken then there is nothing we can do. however i suggest re using the one click as i have updated it to version 2.0 and it will install cwm for you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance