Hey guys!

I got my phone a week or two ago, and now I want to try rooting and adding CyanogenMod.

From what I've seen, the easiest way to root is to use this one click root method. It has step by step directions after running the .bat file, right?

And after I root, I am supposed to make a nandroid backup of my rooted rom before I experiment? And If I have a nandroid backup, it makes it difficult to brick it, right? Because I can always flash that rom?

And after I root, will all my apps be automatically re-downloaded after I sync? Because rooting erases everything, correct?

After I root, I want to flash Cyanogenmod. How do I go about flashing ROMs? Does Cyanogen have the 2.3.5 update included?

Those are all the questions I can think of right now, but I'm sure I will have more :P.

Sorry If these questions are all answered somewhere else, but I don't know where to look. If the answers are in other threads, could you post a link to them?

Thanks!
    07-30-2011 06:16 PM
    I don't have many answers, but some more questions . I did the one click root & it worked great. I had a backup with mybackup & restored my apps & everything. Only problem is they don't show up in my apps on the market. Is there any way to get them back in there so I can keep them updated? Also, I tried to flash cyanogen using rom manager, but it got stuck at the boot/loading screen. I was able to restore the backup it made first so in back to stock rooted again. anyone know how to get around that reboot thing? Can I flash kernels with just a stock rooted phone? Id like to have tether back for whenever I need it.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-30-2011 11:04 PM
    I was looking at the CyanogenMod 7 builds, and noticed there are no Stable build for crespo4g. The crespo4g is the Nexus S 4g, right? Anyone know why there are no stable builds? Is the newest nightly build stable?
    07-31-2011 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD