Help guys! I think i really jacked up my phone.

so heres the problem....I am rooted, and i was reading up on the different roms, deciding which one to flash. I saw a lot of positive comments about the DECK rom 1.3b, so i decided it flash it using Rom Manager.

Well the flash went well (i think), my phone booted up with the Deck Rom (noticed the different boot up screen), but i noticed there's no market. Strange, why does this rom not have a market? so i sideloaded the android market, but when i install, it says that i must sign in my google account and gives me the options of "yes" or "no" so i hit yes, and it takes me out of it completely!
    Anyone else having this problem?

What can i do to get back to stock 2.3.5? I can't use Rom Manager since i can't get the market. Please help! I'm so super stuck lol....thanks in advance guys
    08-01-2011 02:09 PM
    restore back to a working rom or install another rom using recovery mode.
    jdizzle316 likes this.
    08-01-2011 02:33 PM
    i followed your advice and went back to stock rom.

does anyone know what the stock kernal is...i flashed back to stock and my kernal says:
    2.6.35.7-g3cc95e3

is that the stock kernal?

Thanks for all the help guys
    08-01-2011 02:38 PM
    You need to flash google apps after you flash your rom and kernel. Download gapps ns4g 20110601 zip Thats the link!
    jdizzle316 likes this.
    08-01-2011 07:30 PM
    Yes that is the stock kernel.

When you flash aosp roms, you'll need to flash the gapps package also to get the market and such.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    jdizzle316 likes this.
    08-01-2011 09:02 PM
    I had the same issue. I installed Decks ROM on top of CM7 and now I dont even get 3G. Im going to go back to stock in a minute...
    08-01-2011 10:00 PM
    Koush even said you need to flash the newest version of gapps in the installation instructions. Flash the rom, gapps and kernel before rebooting. I followed all the directions and am having no problems with the market or anything else..
    08-01-2011 11:28 PM
    I flashed the gapps through clockwork at the boot screen, installed ROM manager, restored my original stock backup, then installed deck from that point. Worked like a charm...
    08-02-2011 12:14 AM
    When the directions say to "wipe everything" does that mean wipe davlik + data and cache like usual. Or do I have to wipe the entire phone back to factory?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-02-2011 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD