So what else? I have Rom Manager, Wireless Tether, Ad Free...

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Titanium Back up, and Roam Control. What else is there for a rooted NS4G? I don't have any roms yet, though I think I flashed Clockwork off Rom Manager.

I tried flashing CyanogenMod off rom manager but it came back with the logo and a yellow exclamation point. What else to do now?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Um, yeah, I'm rooted. I just said that up above.

What does root explorer do? I have Astro file manager on my phone which serves most of everything i need it to do.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Root explorer is like astro but it goes beyond and let's you look at phone files and make changes

What does root explorer do? I have Astro file manager on my phone which serves most of everything i need it to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Root explorer allows you to view/edit all system files, astro is just for your sd card. Root explorer is a good application if you really want to start hacking into your Android system.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Titanium Back up, and Roam Control. What else is there for a rooted NS4G? I don't have any roms yet, though I think I flashed Clockwork off Rom Manager.

I tried flashing CyanogenMod off rom manager but it came back with the logo and a yellow exclamation point. What else to do now?

I prefer MyBackupPro over Titanium. SetCPU, BLN, and Voodoo for when you flash a kernel. That's about it

I recommend deck's ROM. Has a lot of the extra function from CM without the extra bloat. Matr1x 5.5 cfs is a good kernel.

I don't use ROM Manager to flash anything anymore. I stopped using it in my EVO days. It always seems to cause issues. I would use it to download the ROMs and then use root explorer to move the file and then reboot to recovery and wipe and flash manually. Everything seemed to work a lot better that way

Sent from my Transformer

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
alright this is all so confusing. I jusy have tbe stock settings instead of a rom though i am rooted. How do i flash a fom? Someone mentioned rom manager to download a roam but i am null after that.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
alright this is all so confusing. I jusy have tbe stock settings instead of a rom though i am rooted. How do i flash a fom? Someone mentioned rom manager to download a roam but i am null after that.

First you'll need to flash recovery. You can use ROM Manager, at the top it will say flash Clockworkmod recovery. Once you've done that you'll be ready to start flashing ROMs. You can download ROMs from ROM manager or find some over at xda. Here's a nice how to on how to use ROM manager and Clockworkmod recovery http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...kup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html.ots written for the Thunderbolt but it's the same concept. Just make sure you make a backup before flashing anything and always do a full wipe when flashing a fresh ROM.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You don't need a custom rom, only a custom kernel to tether. It seems the the authentication to see if you're paying for the tethering occurs in the kernel.

Long story short just wipe cache and dalvik cache, and flash Netarchy nexus, matr1x or another kernel of your choice.

Though I'd personally recommend flashing a custom rom and kernel. For a beginner, you may way to check out Oxygen 2.2.1. Also make sure you get BLN for notification light and voodoo to make the sound out of headphones 100x crisper and better.

Oh and make sure you nandroid back up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
alright cool, thanks guys. Slowly learning how to do this.

I am slightly stumped though. When i download a rom or the tether fix, it asks me to backup current rom, wipe cache, and wipe dalvek cache in rom manager, what do i do then? It brings me to a screen where i have to use volume power to reload bootloader, reboot, recovery, etc.

That's where I get lost on, i chose recovery but it brings me back to that same screen. I tried the XDA link but it brings me back to AC