Battery - Reason to Root

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
I was astounded when I saw this. Nearly a 24hr Battery Life with only a few minutes of spontaneous charging.

If you look at the last very fast decline, I was itching to screenshot it at lower battery so I started playing games and doing some heavy browsing. I feel like I could have gotten 30+ hours if I used my phone conservatively.

screenshot-1312683236114.png

Anyone on the fence about rooting should definitely check it out. Its quick, easy, and undo-able. Definitely worth checking out.

(My ROM/Kernel are listed above)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was actually getting mad at my Nexus for not draining faster a very days ago because I was trying to finish calibrating the battery before bed lol. Got over 24 hours on Oxygen ROM with Netarchy kernel.

Sent from my Nexus S

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How do you like Oxygen? It looked a bit off to me...

My favorite ROM yet. Tried MIUI, CM, and a few others. I get absolutely zero random reboots, blazing fast speed, incredible battery life and a lot of cool extras with the built in Oxygen Settings.

^ another good reason to root :)

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or am I the only person that can get 2 days 15 hours on average WITHOUT being stock? I use the phone every day, only charge every other day to every two days.

Seriously, people complain that it only lasts a few hours in one day...what are you guys doing with your phones?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or am I the only person that can get 2 days 15 hours on average WITHOUT being stock? I use the phone every day, only charge every other day to every two days.

Seriously, people complain that it only lasts a few hours in one day...what are you guys doing with your phones?
It's probably due to crappy setups and/or using them as a replacement for every entertainment device under the sun.

Reactions: Ryuuie

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm on a quest to getting the best battery life possible for my NS4G. Could you fellas share your ROMs, kernels, and then your screen-on time and stats such as those? Currently, on the latest CM7 nightly I get about 14 hours from 100% to 0%, with 2.5 hours of display on time.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's probably due to crappy setups and/or using them as a replacement for every entertainment device under the sun.

My phone replaces everything for me. I gave my girlfriend my laptop till I get a new one. I got this.

But even so. With my use. In perfect service. Ill get 12 hours before I hit 60% when I'm in my office at work the signal is great but off. So I get about 8 hours on average in there. Sometimes less depending. But I also use it more.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I leave WiFi on/never sleep when im around it. WiFi running is 25 hours and screen is 3 hours. Like I said, way light use.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was astounded when I saw this. Nearly a 24hr Battery Life with only a few minutes of spontaneous charging.

If you look at the last very fast decline, I was itching to screenshot it at lower battery so I started playing games and doing some heavy browsing. I feel like I could have gotten 30+ hours if I used my phone conservatively.

screenshot-1312683236114.png

Anyone on the fence about rooting should definitely check it out. Its quick, easy, and undo-able. Definitely worth checking out.

(My ROM/Kernel are listed above)

Can't see your rom/kernel in Tapatalk. You still Using deck/matrix5.5

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
To the people who are getting 24plus hours do you have any apps running in the background? For instance I have twitter check for updates every 30mins and Facebook every hour. That's it. What are your settings? I would love 24 plus hours on a charge. I'm normal on about 14 to 16 hours. If I leave it on over night when I sleep then I can get 24hours plus.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a quest to getting the best battery life possible for my NS4G. Could you fellas share your ROMs, kernels, and then your screen-on time and stats such as those? Currently, on the latest CM7 nightly I get about 14 hours from 100% to 0%, with 2.5 hours of display on time.

I always got horrible battery life on CyanogenMod. The closer to stock my ROM is, the better the battery life (and Oxygen is pretty close). Kernels are also important - try different ones with and without undervolting. Also play with the governors (Smartass is best for me for battery life without sacrificing performance).

Also keep in mind that different people use their phones differently, and spend different amounts of time in good/bad signal areas. That's why it's so hard to get good empirical data from a large sampling of people.

To the people who are getting 24plus hours do you have any apps running in the background? For instance I have twitter check for updates every 30mins and Facebook every hour. That's it. What are your settings? I would love 24 plus hours on a charge. I'm normal on about 14 to 16 hours. If I leave it on over night when I sleep then I can get 24hours plus.

I only have my Google account sync, but if I had accounts like yours that I needed to keep up to date I would set them to every 2 hours or more. Or even better, check them manually or get notifications via push GMail.

Sent from my Nexus S

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

As far as Facebook and Twitter goes, I have them both installed but both turned off and use Tweetdeck instead. Just checked and it updates every 15 minutes.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I always got horrible battery life on CyanogenMod. The closer to stock my ROM is, the better the battery life (and Oxygen is pretty close). Kernels are also important - try different ones with and without undervolting. Also play with the governors (Smartass is best for me for battery life without sacrificing performance).

Also keep in mind that different people use their phones differently, and spend different amounts of time in good/bad signal areas. That's why it's so hard to get good empirical data from a large sampling of people.

I only have my Google account sync, but if I had accounts like yours that I needed to keep up to date I would set them to every 2 hours or more. Or even better, check them manually or get notifications via push GMail.

Sent from my Nexus S

I'm using tweetdeck right now. Manual update. All my notifications come through gmail. Why add another push service when I can just have it come through email which is already pushing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463