Read through a lot of threads and couldn't find a way to do this. Anyone know I'd there is an update.zip or something like that that I can flash that will basically have the 2.3.5 update in it but won't take away my root access or delete all my data?
    08-08-2011 10:41 AM
    I have heard of people just flashing over their current rom. This would only work if the rom your on has a update to 2.3.5 so if your on stock just flash over a stock 2.3.5 rom if your on CM7 just flash over the newest nightly without wiping anything.
    08-08-2011 11:41 AM
    I am on a completely stock rooted 2.3.4 rom but it seems like all I read are people having wifi or other weird issues relating to using a stock 2.3.5 which makes me wonder if those are truly stock roms. Can you give me any guidance on a truly stock 2.3.5 rom? I wish I remembered whose instructions I followed to root mine because that would have probably allowed me to just go back to that person and see if they put up 2.3.5
    08-08-2011 11:49 AM
    I am on a completely stock rooted 2.3.4 rom but it seems like all I read are people having wifi or other weird issues relating to using a stock 2.3.5 which makes me wonder if those are truly stock roms. Can you give me any guidance on a truly stock 2.3.5 rom? I wish I remembered whose instructions I followed to root mine because that would have probably allowed me to just go back to that person and see if they put up 2.3.5
    Shabby has them listed in this forum or you can go here and download the rom and the radio to your phone, or copy/paste them, and then just boot into recovery to flash them. Do a battery pull afterwards for the heck of it.

Done.
    08-08-2011 12:56 PM
    Its embarrassing for me to admit but I have no clue which to use from that page. Odes v deodex? I have grj22 installed right now I guess. Can you please kind of baby me through this.

http://www.peteralfonso.com/p/downloads.html?m=1

If you could tell me what to download and in what order to apply / how to apply that would be super helpful.
    08-11-2011 08:09 PM
    Why not just download titanium backup, backup everything then you're free to wipe and flash anything you want. Its what I did.
    08-11-2011 09:53 PM
    Why not just download titanium backup, backup everything then you're free to wipe and flash anything you want. Its what I did.
    Did that but I'd like to keep my home screens, all my preferences, and I always felt it was cleaner to not restore using tib.
    08-12-2011 01:19 AM
    Its embarrassing for me to admit but I have no clue which to use from that page. Odes v deodex? I have grj22 installed right now I guess. Can you please kind of baby me through this.

Peter Alfonso: Downloads

If you could tell me what to download and in what order to apply / how to apply that would be super helpful.
    Odexed vs DeOdexed is really just the way the files are grouped. Odexed is the way that the manufacturer does it and DeO is the way the devs do it. DeOdexed is slower at first while everything is settling in, but speeds things up overall in the not-so-long run.

GRJ90 is the actual 2.3.5 file.
    D720SPRKE5 is the 2.3.5 radio.

The order you flash them doesn't matter.

Grab the tethering fix while you're there.
    08-12-2011 08:05 PM
    Odexed vs DeOdexed is really just the way the files are grouped. Odexed is the way that the manufacturer does it and DeO is the way the devs do it. DeOdexed is slower at first while everything is settling in, but speeds things up overall in the not-so-long run.

GRJ90 is the actual 2.3.5 file.
    D720SPRKE5 is the 2.3.5 radio.

The order you flash them doesn't matter.

Grab the tethering fix while you're there.

Just to be clear I'm downloading the entire rom, not the update file...correct? Thanks again!!
    08-12-2011 10:33 PM
    Pick the GRJ90 from this area on his website. Odexed or DeOdexed is up to you. (psssst, go DeOdexed )

Stock System Files (Rooted ROMs)
    GRJ06D (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    GRJ22 (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    GRJ90 (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    08-12-2011 10:40 PM
    That was perfect. Thank you!
    08-20-2011 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD